Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FLY DRIVE - NICE FEATURE
1584 5 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I was gifted with DJI Fly Drive as a Christmas present. This drive provides 1 killer feature which is most useful as a portable drive backing up video or photo on your drones. This drive is not particular high-tech. Its transfer speed is reasonable, about 20MB/sec. But the drive has a SD card reader which can read directly from your SD card without the need for a card reader on your laptop or desktop. What amaze me is that you can not only use a laptop for moving files around, you can use an android phone and still be able to move files around. This feature would be the most handy when you don't even want to lug a laptop with you on a trip. I don't use IOS so I don't know whether it works with iphone or Ipad. If IOS also provides this function, please let us know.

FLY DRIVE

FLY DRIVE
2018-1-18
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing and describing what it does,

donnie
2018-1-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice.
Does it have it's own power supply?
2018-1-19
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK
Thanks for sharing and I agree with you the micro SD card port on the drive is  a touch.. I saw this on display at Best Buy and looked nice. I use only Apple devices and the new iOS 11 added file sharing. I do not know if you can connect this drive directly to the iPhone or iPad? The drive requires power from the device it is plugged into, so most likely it will not work.. It would be nice if someone can confirm this point as I am only guessing right now.

I am back to using my MS Surface Pro while on a trip with my drones.

Rich
2018-1-19
Use props
MaxP4
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I think this is better:
https://www.lacie.com/it/it/professional/dji-copilot/
2018-1-19
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Lacie and Seagate seem to be related. The reference material is same format and also mention about seagate. Lacie HD seems to have a battery pack so it will be self powered. However, as a user, you need to decide whether you want to carry another battery pack with its weight and bulk. I am sure the price would also be commendably higher. So weighing on all this, I would still prefer to a simpler and cheaper one that still does the job with my phone always with me anyway. That is only my preference though, you are welcome to have yours.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules