DJI assistant 2 working weird with P4 Pro PLUS on MAC
1208 10 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Hello everyone, I've just restored to factory settings my Phantom 4 Pro Plus, as I've been suggested to do in order to try to correct an issue on the maps. It worked fine and now the issue is solved. BTW the DJI GO 4 app now give me an alert message when checking the aircraft status. It says "abnormal", probably the developer of the code was a big fan of "Young Frankenstein"! But, jokes apart, if I press on the error, I get a suggestion to calibrate the vision sensors through DJI Assistant 2. Then I downloaded it and tried to perform the calibration, but, when starting it, I can correctly make the app recongnize the drone but no way to go through the calibration process. I just have a white screen on my MAC without any reference to align the drone camera to. This way I have to stop the calibration.
Another weird thing, probably connected, is that DJI assistant 2 is not able to retrieve the installed firmware version on my P4Pro+.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on MAC OS?

(Drone and Controller are up to date with latest firmware)

2018-1-18
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Investigating further, on Youtube I found several tutorials on how to perform the calibration and I saw that, with respect to the normal procedure, I'm not getting the dot pattern on the screen.
To give you a better idea of my situation, here's a screenshot that explains briefly the case. On the left you can see the normal procedure, on the right my situation (calibration window ok, but no pattern on it).
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Giammi, it seems the connection is not well. Please try to re-plug the cable and reboot all devices and connect again to see whether it helps. Alternatively, you can try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. It is recommended to download from the corresponding product page: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2018-1-19
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 01:09
Hi Giammi, it seems the connection is not well. Please try to re-plug the cable and reboot all devices and connect again to see whether it helps. Alternatively, you can try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. It is recommended to download from the corresponding product page: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

Thanks Susan. Yes, I downloaded it from that page. I'll give it another try as you suggest and let you know.
2018-1-19
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 01:09

Dear Susan,
just tried as you specified. Now firmware version is correctly read, but no way I can perform the calibration. Procedure starts, but it does not display the dots pattern. So I guess is not a connection issue.

FYI I'm running on this MAC:

Thank you,
Gianmaria
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-19 09:04
Dear Susan,
just tried as you specified. Now firmware version is correctly read, but no way I can perform the calibration. Procedure starts, but it does not display the dots pattern. So I guess is not a connection issue.

Gianmaria, is there any chance change to another PC to verify?
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 02:18
Gianmaria, is there any chance change to another PC to verify?

Hi Susan, yes, I did it. I used my MacBook Pro (same OS) and it worked. Apparently is an issue about the resolution of the screen. Looks like DJI Assistant 2 doesn't like the 27" screen of the iMac.
2018-1-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-22 03:21
Hi Susan, yes, I did it. I used my MacBook Pro (same OS) and it worked. Apparently is an issue about the resolution of the screen. Looks like DJI Assistant 2 doesn't like the 27" screen of the iMac.

have you tried setting a different resolution for the screen of your iMac?
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-1-22 10:45
have you tried setting a different resolution for the screen of your iMac?

To be honest, no. But that's a good idea. I'll give it a try when I will have a moment.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Giammi Posted at 2018-1-22 03:21

Thanks for keeping us updated. Yeah, it is related with the screen resolution. Adjust the resolution to see whether it helps.
2018-1-24
Use props
Vegepilot
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem.  For 27" iMac setting the screen resolution to 1280x720 did the trick.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules