3217 15 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, its it possible to use a USB  Y splitter so that the goggles work as well as the tablet?
2018-1-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would need a USB hub, then the software and hardware to control that would need to be built into RC, so I think the answer is no.

What you could do is fit an HDMI module to your RC, and have tablet with control functions connected via USB, and the Goggles connected via HDMI for live view only with no control. Or vice versa perhaps if your tablet/display had an HDMI input.

This is one of the areas where the integration to the Mavic works well with goggles & display/RC both talking to the Mavic via Occusync wireless and interacting with each other (The RC can be used to select functions on the Goggles screen/menus).
2018-1-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The answer is definitely no . I tried it with a small USB hub and neither the iPad nor the goggles were able to connect to anything. I upgraded my P4P back to an earlier firmware so I don't have to use GO 4 at all; only the goggles plugged into the controller.
With the new firmware, the only option is firing up with the tablet attached, unplugging and plugging in the goggles after that which is truly nasty. That;s why I went back to the older firmware.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, thanks, I have the module, so I can hdmi the goggles to the K1, down side again m is that it's only 720 and it's actually worse than the Google downgrading the USB to 720,has anyone actually tried the splitter idea do you know? I thought the idea of the splitter is to turn 1 stream in to 2.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We cross posted there I think Lucien, o don't mind doing the swap over, just would have liked it on both device and goggles, ah well not to worry, thanks anyway chaps
2018-1-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I tried a splitter also in addition to the hub. No go, there's no way to make that work apparently.....
2018-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is weird how a splitter does not work, unless it's because they cannot talk both ways from both device's, perhaps there's not enough power in the 5v to server 2 devices?
2018-1-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah not sure. I'm not familiar enough with the USB protocol to say why it wouldn't work. My guess is latency reasons - I can imagine having to negotiate HD video over two or more devices contending with each other would slooooooow that video response down .
2018-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, that would make sense, god Damn it, why cant things be simple lol
2018-1-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

USB use a serial communication so you can't y-split it. you can make a simple cable your self  by cutting two cables and use a simple 2 way dual switch like ex. the below picture.
Still  you would have only one device active but would be without unplug and re-plug of cables.

2018-1-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah yes, i see, thats never gonna happen though, looks like its either use the shield where it mirrors the screen (720 at best) or stick with one at a time...
2018-1-20
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, here's another positive for the Pro+ controller. It works with the Goggles via USB along with the built in display. I have both controllers and didn't realize this was a problem with the non + until I saw this post. I've used the Goggles via USB with the + controller several times. I hadn't even considered there would be a problem using the non +.

Jeff
2018-1-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2 positives wahooo, bet you feel so proud
2018-1-20
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

RE: USB Y splitter?

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-20 21:03
2 positives wahooo, bet you feel so proud

Yer jealous, I can tell.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lies, all likes
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bashy, it doesn't work. If you need to connect the Goggles and mobile device at the same time, you can use the HDMI output for connecting the Goggles and USB for mobile device.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules