GPS indoors
1904 3 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

So last night I did a quick power up and hover indoors, no worry I’ve done it several times, I was just testing my new IPad Mini.
What peeked my curiosity this time, was the Spark actually went into GPS mode instead of ATTI, and had 9 satellites. Does anyone know how this was possible?
All the windows were shaded, no view of the sky at all. My Garmin won’t do that. Does Cellular play into it somehow? My Mini is  Cellular.
2018-1-19
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Sweden

This very much depends on the house as well, I live in a wooden house in which I have a pretty good GPS signal. I think Sparky has better antennas than e.g. a Garmin watch.
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's one of those little mysteries - I have got up to 16 sats with my Mavic indoors when checking things over and on other days in the same position I don't get GPS at all. Be careful as the sats can be lost in a second indoors too and revert to ATTI at any time. I personally never fly indoors unless it's a huge area like a warehouse.
2018-1-19
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-19 07:42
It's one of those little mysteries - I have got up to 16 sats with my Mavic indoors when checking things over and on other days in the same position I don't get GPS at all. Be careful as the sats can be lost in a second indoors too and revert to ATTI at any time. I personally never fly indoors unless it's a huge area like a warehouse.

Yeah, I’ve read the indoor flight horror stories. My Spark seems to be one of the good ones, no problems or unusual behavior so far.  The GPS indoors just amazed me.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules