Hey DJI, Wish my Inspire could do all of this.
2916 31 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

As much as I love my I1 I really wish DJI would catch up and provide these features for us. This is a great interview outlining all the new and amazing features of the 3DR Solo. Check it out and let's keep pushing DJI to hurry up and catch up to the other manufacturers producing all the featrures we were promised and more.

2015-4-23
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very nice unit. Soooooooo agree with your post
2015-4-24
Use props
slabella
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know when DJI will be offering "GROUND STATION" feature for IOS and for the Inspire 1?
2015-4-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-5 months is what I was told.
2015-4-24
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

While that seems like an awfully long time for something that was promised back in November of 2014, it beats the hell out of "probably never."  Thanks for the update, Ed.
2015-4-24
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

As soon as 3dr start to ship the solo to costumers and as long as it will preform as suggested, Dji will start to push features.

I guess we don't know yet how the solo will preform, but one thing that they will do better for sure is customer service.
It seems that 3dr well aware of the issues that the Inspir 1 have and the relationship between Dji and us-the customers.
2015-4-24
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

It would be Genius if 3DR did a Trade In program where if you trade in your DJI Phantom and get a nice credit towards a Solo. This would really start a fire.
2015-4-24
Use props
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-24 22:31
3-5 months is what I was told.

Tahoe_Ed, with all due respect to the 3 - 5 months stated and agreed, this is better than the alternative of not having Ground Station at all, I'm still biting my tongue, but there is a bit of optimism here. We were all sold a bill of goods that included GS back in mid Nov. 2014 and many of the features that this 3DR Solo will offer out of the box. I personally am still holding a grudge against DJI for false advertising. I love my Inspire, but am angered by the way DJI changed its tune and we the consumer have to be patient while it plays catch-up to the rest of the industry.....I hate to think that a company like DJI is playing in the "me too" arena of business opposed to being the world leader in this technology that we would expect it to be! I feel that 3 - 5 MORE months is not acceptable and resources should be focused on finishing this project for us the beta group.
2015-4-24
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

3DR solo cant even compare to Inspire 1.
2015-4-24
Use props
Outta Control
lvl.2
Flight distance : 779419 ft
United States

I am pasting the same response I posted at another forum.

"Coming from working with a lot of high tech network appliance industry I can tell you that 3DR Solo has a lot of promises that they most likely not keep.

Some features may already be available once purchase but the talk about all these accessories and features are just that talk. They never showed any of these accessories nor any roadmap. A typical firmware upgrade (unless it is an urgent one) will take approximately 6-10 months. People should calm down about who has the better product. They should focus more on what tools and feature they need to get the job done.

Talk is talk."

Now for Tahoe_ED stated for a 3-5 month firmware that my friends is pretty good in my book. If it does happen.

BTW: that dude on the video just absolutely drank ALL of 3D Robotic's Kool-Aid.   
2015-4-24
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Ozren wrote:
3DR solo cant even compare to Inspire 1.
No, Ozren, it's not a direct Inspire competitor.  It's more of a Phantom competitor.  But if 3DR has an Inspire-grade product in the pipeline and strikes the right customer service notes right now with the Solo, DJI is going to have an emergency coming up.

My field is video production and I've been at it for 30+ years.  I remember when Avid Technology, having pioneered computer-based editing and cornered the market, went public and started focusing on profits over customer satisfaction.  It became opaque just like DJI and developed a simmering well of customer dissatisfaction - but it still owned its market.  But suddenly worthy competitors, like Final Cut Pro and the revamped and hugely improved Adobe Premiere Pro - began popping up, and Avid found that it had so soured the pool of customer perception that there was NO customer loyalty.  Customers fled to other platforms in droves, and the only way Avid could compete was on price.  Today it's a shell of its former self, selling software-only versions of its platform for about 20% (or less) of what "An Avid" used to cost.  There was a huge management shakeup when that was happening, and some very worthy people are now at the helm.  But the company experienced HUGE amounts of damage due to its bad behavior.

It's very frustrating seeing another company make very similar mistakes - a company my small business is now thoroughly invested in.
2015-4-24
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well, I'll believe it when I see.  The guy reminds me of the salesman selling the..."mop n glo" stuff on the late night TV shows.  HA
2015-4-24
Use props
Outta Control
lvl.2
United States

Y'all need to understand, unlike the Youtube host, the NAB is a trade show which means in essence Trade = Industry  Show = Showing off what their product can supposedly do.

Exhibitors are there to excite people, like that host, even though they may present conceptual features either be tangible or not. Most attendees are  not objective enough to pin down manufactures such as a firm timeline, competing product comparison, and their products limitations in the field during testing.

Even popular YouTube celebs are not objective enough because if they did no manufacturers would do an interview with them.

So we should all take these things with a grain of salt. That is unless they do materialize of what they promised.
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

If the Solo can do all of that I guess I'm in. I need slow and low 4k video which is what I use my current Inspire 1 for right now. So I end up having about $4,000 for a Inspire with a tablet and lots of batteries vs $2,200 for a Solo, Gimbal, Nexus 7 LTE Tablet and Gopro 4 Black and then I would need to add a few extra batteries per unit but that is far less money for a product that potentially offers more features.

Honestly, I've been watching Colin ever since he left DJI and went to 3DR and I've never seen him this excited about a product. So I preordered one. I guess we'll see if I dump most of my Inspires or the Solo on eBay soon.....Gotta pay to play or in my case pay to work lol
2015-4-24
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Don't be mislead by Ed response.. 3 to 5 months for the SDK to be released for 3rd party developers to create separate apps.. Not DJI adding that feature to the DJI Pilot App... While still better than never or nothing.. It's not what you would expect when you pay $3000+ for a machine to not have those features by default that you already find on cheaper not so great drones.
2015-4-24
Use props
Outta Control
lvl.2
United States

Saw this from a friends post.

2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

Outta Control Posted at 2015-4-25 05:29
Saw this from a friends post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78YE1THE_PM

Yeah, I saw that before I preordered. At NAB that happens a lot due to all of the various frequencies in such a small area.
2015-4-24
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

almonpoole@gmai Posted at 2015-4-25 05:32
Yeah, I saw that before I preordered. At NAB that happens a lot due to all of the various frequenc ...

Why do people judge that video? It's a prototype indoors around a lot of frequencies. Wait until the final product launches before you judge so quickly.  
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

And understand, I'm not really complaining. The I1 is awesome and very well built but I mean, POI, come on DJI, show us the same love that every other A2 user gets.....
2015-4-24
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

almonpoole@gmai Posted at 2015-4-25 05:38
And understand, I'm not really complaining. The I1 is awesome and very well built but I mean, POI, c ...

On a side note... The 3DR Solo Flight Simulator is amazing! It has FPV, 3rd Person View etc.

I appreciate DJI's efforts, but this Simulator makes DJI's look like an old Atari Game.

I can't wait for Best Buy's to have 3DR Solo Simulator booths setup to demo. It'll definitely be interesting to see in stores.
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

I also admit that for most of us who use these tools to make a living that 3DR up until the Solo (Hopefully) has been a technical hobbyists multirotor. In the past, thinking of their machines, like the Iris, Iris+and the X8, these were all decent machines but if you looked at video from their two axis gimbal (3DR should be ashamed lol) it looked like someone was filming from a flying tank. It was terrible, but they have had the best software if you could master it from day one.

It does look like they have the quad, gimbal and software to wow us all but I personally won't know until I put it in the air, which I hope is around May 15th or before.
2015-4-24
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

almonpoole@gmai Posted at 2015-4-25 05:50
I also admit that for most of us who use these tools to make a living that 3DR up until the Solo (Ho ...

The Phantom 1 w/ gimbal wasn't perfect either. Give 3DR time. I'm sure they will keep getting better and smoother. I'm more excited for the Solo to have a solid gimbal for the Blackmagic Micro 4K.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com ... icmicrocinemacamera

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... _cinema_camera.html
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

durrr Posted at 2015-4-25 05:53
The Phantom 1 w/ gimbal wasn't perfect either. Give 3DR time. I'm sure they will keep getting bette ...

I think the Solo will perform as we all want it to, they've committed to putting these Solo's in almost every BestBuy with a flight simulator so that tells me it's the real thing, if not they will be going out of business before this year ends...
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

The Phantom 1 w/ gimbal wasn't perfect either. Give 3DR time. I'm sure they will keep getting bette ...

That blackmagic camera looks to max out at 1080p though.
2015-4-24
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

almonpoole@gmai Posted at 2015-4-25 07:45
That blackmagic camera looks to max out at 1080p though.

There are 2 different versions one being a 4K

Even 1080p ProRes and RAW I'll take that over Inspire 4k camera anyday. You're getting so much more detail!!  
2015-4-24
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

durrr Posted at 2015-4-25 07:59

Even 1080p ProRes and RAW I'll take that over Inspi ...

Yep, they make a great sensor for sure.
2015-4-24
Use props
ricardoparalle
lvl.4

Spain

Hello.
About the Blackmagic micro, there are two micro models, and one of them is a 4K camera
2015-4-25
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Nothing like some healthy competition to mix things up.  When people have options, those who once monopolised will sit up and take notice of thier customer wants and needs.

Jason
2015-4-25
Use props
subwar
lvl.1

Sweden

What I hope for is that DJI keeps updating and ad accessories to the Inspire 1, new camera that's good enough for still pictures etc rather than one day in a near future see the announcement of an Inspire 2.   
2015-4-25
Use props
almonpoole
New

United States

I'll really be happy if their software enhancements, that were promised in 2014 for the Inspire, get here soon. Otherwise I'm going to have to jump ship if the Solo is really good.
2015-4-25
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That solo is impressive and is sure worth watching.
2015-4-25
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

durrr Posted at 2015-4-25 07:59

Even 1080p ProRes and RAW I'll take that over Inspi ...

I totally agree with this statement!
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules