1509 5 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi everyone, I have a new Mavic Platinum Pro and unlike my P4's, my DJI GO4 app crashes after 1-2 minutes and restarts my Nexus 7 tablet everytime I fly the Mavic. I can get it the app back while flying but I have to restart the tablet and the app.  When I fly 1/2-2 miles out over water , it's frightening because I have no sight of the drone. I imagine I could hit the "return home" if the app completely crashed. I was out flying tonight and the app crashed and restarted the tablet but each time it happens it's about 1 minute of flight time when I get a message (NO SIGNAL) and the app crashes.

Usually after the app crashes once...it never does it again for that flight.

I have reloaded the app on my Nexus 7 tablet twice, yet my P4 flies perfectly with the app and never crashes.

I prefer the Mavic because of portability, but this is something that's tough to live with.

Has anyone experienced this and what was the solution?

2018-1-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Well the only thing I can think of is that the Mavic Ocusync puts a higher workload on the phone/tablet than the Lightbridge used by the Phantom. Other than that, it could be the handshaking between the phone/tablet and the different RCs.
2018-1-19
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

Use dji go ver 4.1.14 or .15
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gary, sorry to hear that. Please try to use the recommended devices and clean up the cache files for better performance.
app mavic.JPG
2018-1-21
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

@DJI elektra
How would the app work with his p4's (as in plural) and not the Mav if it were a device issue? Seems like the Mavic has it's own set of problems. I have been trying to deal with this exact problem since Nov spending hundreds of dollars on new devices and usb cords and nothing is fixing the problem for me. Because of the app crashing every couple minutes, I never fly farther than a couple thousand feet, drastically reducing the cool-ness of my drone. Very disappointed, and threads like this show me the problem is with the Mavic, and not the devices. Please tell me how I may be wrong however, as I am still trying to learn. @DJ Elektra
2018-1-21
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Same problem. Nexus 7 II . Remote disconnects from tablet, then reconnects. Back and forth. I might get the bird up, but ,  "oops" there it goes out again. using DJI GO 4 v4.1.22(472-googlePlay). Latest firmware. New hi quality cables. Guess I'll try app v .15 as suggested.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules