Ordering Mavic Pro from Amazon
1295 8 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Razman2018
lvl.2
Canada

Hi,
I just ordered a NEW Mavic Pro from amazon. When it arrived I noticed the serial number starts with 08QUE3T#######. Using the Dji serial number decoder I found on this forum, the manufacture date reads as 27 March, 2017. That is almost a year ago. The drone and package look decent, but not 100% new. Where has it been for the past year and should I be concerned. I did not get a chance to test it out yet because the weather is bad. Do refurbished ones all get tagged? And if they do, how could I purchase a drone so old if the decoder is right....

Thank you.
2018-1-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon would State if it’s refurbish. I wouldn’t be considered. Give it a test flight. Two of my friends purchased Mavic’s from amazon and has no issues.
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I purchased a Mavic from Apple and checked the serial number after unboxing and that was brand new in a factory sealed box but was 5 months old. These drones basically sit in a warehouse somewhere until shipped. Make sure the box is sealed properly before opening it up. The Mavic I bought was fine but the RC battery level was zero and the flight battery was bulging at the back - I returned it 10 days later and got my money back but the drone itself was actually fine. So check the battery and RC thoroughly as much as the drone. You should be ok despite it sitting around waiting for you to fly it for the past 10 months LOL
2018-1-20
Use props
Razman2018
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks guys for your replies. I will test it out first sunny day. I also purchased Dji Care Refresh just in case. wonder what drone they are announcing on Tuesday.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Razman2018 Posted at 2018-1-20 15:25
Thanks guys for your replies. I will test it out first sunny day. I also purchased Dji Care Refresh just in case.  wonder what drone they are announcing on Tuesday.

Razman, if you feel worry about it. Please tell me the SN number for further check. Thanks a lot.
2018-1-20
Use props
Razman2018
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-20 22:29
Razman, if you feel worry about it. Please tell me the SN number for further check. Thanks a lot.

DJI Elektra I sent you a private message with the S/N of the Mavic.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I bought mine off A-mazon........... Came with no gimble clamp, or clear bubble thing that goes around the gimble........ Stickers were placed back on the Mavic, but falling off and clearly tampered with. I was upset, but I waited so long that I decided to let it ride...... Now I am stuck with a drone that was used, and has major problems staying connected to my app. All indications of a used piece of poop, returned to Amazon but was clearly used. So amazon received it and sent it out as new knowing it was a return. Not happy. Now 6 month later, 3 months of asking on the forums, brand new devices that will supposedly fix the problem, new USB cords and I still have the same problems......... Really sucks. Saved for a long time for this drone, and it's basically a 150$ drone cause I can't fly it further than eye sight and crashes every time I try any intelligent modes.........
2018-1-21
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
India

I always buy from Amazon. Never had a problem returning something if it felt questionable and if I was uneasy with a $1000 purchase, it was most certainly going back!
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Razman2018 Posted at 2018-1-20 23:58
DJI Elektra I sent you a private message with the S/N of the Mavic.

Got your PM. I just checked the detail for you. I will send the activation date to your PM. And it is not refurbished one. Thanks for your patience.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules