Care Refresh - not activated (did not know) - crash
1454 10 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robbyjw09
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI Team,

I crashed my drone today (20/1/18) I purchased from D1 Store- Melbourne (15/1/18) . Apart from a few dings, 1 of the 2 landing legs has broken off. I did purchase Care Refresh, however just found out that I was supposed the activate it within 48 hrs which I didnt as I was not aware of this - I received no information about this and assumed it must be automatic, I purchased Care Refresh and the drone together and have the receipt as proof. Could you please help me with getting this fixed under the care refresh that I purchased? I am getting stressed out.

Thanks Team

Robert

2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robert, I'm sorry to hear the accident. Generally, the DJI Care Refresh will be activated automatically if you purchased the drone and refresh plan together in DJI Online Store. For the drone activated more than 48 hours, video verification is required, but I'm afraid that crashed drone is not eligible. I understand your concern, and will double check with the designated team to see if there is any better solution. It may take some time due to the weekend, and we'll come back if there is any update.

2018-1-20
Use props
robbyjw09
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Susan, thanks for helping.

Robert
2018-1-20
Use props
robbyjw09
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Susan, is it possible for me to just buy the part?, its just a piece of small plastic that would take 5mins to repair. Australia doesn't seem to have the services for repair.

Robert
2018-1-20
Use props
robbyjw09
lvl.1
Australia

I find it strange that even though I never received an email about activating Care Refresh (how would I even know that I had to activate it), that DJI will not cover me as my receipt from the physical store actually shows I purchased both the drone and Care Refresh at the same time from an authorised seller.

I have wasted nearly $200 AUD on Care Refresh from.

I have bought a replacement part online, there is no need for followup.

Robert
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

robbyjw09 Posted at 2018-1-20 04:19
I find it strange that even though I never received an email about activating Care Refresh (how would I even know that I had to activate it), that DJI will not cover me as my receipt from the physical store actually shows I purchased both the drone and Care Refresh at the same time from an authorised seller.

I have wasted nearly $200 AUD on Care Refresh from.

Robert, we will check with the related team for your case. And please note that we don't support repairing the drone by the users for the flight safety and warranty maintenance. We are trying to confirm your case with the designated team, please kindly provide me with your receipt, upload to Dropbox and PM me the link, thank you.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: I just got the latest news from the designated team that the DJI Care Refresh can not be used in this crash. Sorry about this. It is suggested to send the aircraft in for repair. After the repair, you can still activate the DJI Care Refresh within 72 hours of receiving the email invitation.
2018-1-21
Use props
robbyjw09
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Susan,

Thanks for getting back.

Could you please let me know the process on getting repaired (Australia)?

Thanks Susan.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

robbyjw09 Posted at 2018-1-21 21:51
Hi Susan,

Thanks for getting back.

Hi Robby, please contact our support in working hours to start a ticket and then they will guide you to send in for repair service, thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
fanse96f6316
New
Flight distance : 321762 ft

Australia

Thats pretty stupid..... i feel ya Rob.... i might look at DJI alternatives from now on
2018-1-23
Use props
fanse96f6316
New
Flight distance : 321762 ft

Australia

Thats pretty stupid..... i feel ya Rob.... i might look at DJI alternatives from now on
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules