Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best add-on lenses for iPhone using Osmo Mobile?
2533 4 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
netcarlos
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello to all Mobile shooting fans!

Hello,
I'm new to Osmo Mobile and plan to buy it for enthusiastic shooting with iPhone 7, so I'd like to use additional wide angle lens.

From what I've read the best one without distortion and softening on the edges is from Moment.. (see http://www.shopmoment.com/shop/new-wide-lens )
But it requires a casing.. They do two versions .. plain case and battery case.
I wonder if Osmo Mobile can hold battery-case because that would be probably also solution to balancing the weight..
This battery case is only 8,1 mm thick.. (See https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/battery-photo-case)
Does anybody uses this casing succesfully or at least additional lenses with Osmo mobile?

What are known working add-ones to iPhone and Osmo Mobile? Please post your configuration and share your experiences!
Is it hard to balance? Can it be used comfortably?

Thanks!

2018-1-20
Use props
djiuser_jqKMDXJ
lvl.3
United States

This is how I use the moment lens. It's a bit heavy so you need to get the counter weight in order to balance it. Performs ok but by the time you add the counter weight it becomes very heavy that's why I use the handle attachment. I wouldn't use it with a plus size phone I've found that the motors struggle with the weight.
130944qkndenbzrxajkj9k.jpg
2018-1-20
Use props
netcarlos
lvl.1
Czechia

Wow.. very nice..

Is that additional microphone or powerbank in the middle?
That additional handle pretty scares me.. I won't rather use that battery-case not to increase weight..

I hope I can still operate it one handed.. and I plan to wait for Osmo mobile 2 which doesn't have side mount available..
2018-1-20
Use props
CQCQCQDX
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_jqKMDXJ Posted at 2018-1-20 10:33
This is how I use the moment lens. It's a bit heavy so you need to get the counter weight in order to balance it. Performs ok but by the time you add the counter weight it becomes very heavy that's why I use the handle attachment. I wouldn't use it with a plus size phone I've found that the motors struggle with the weight.

That shows the advantage of the version 1. easy attachment on the side.am now having issues of deciding which is which.
2018-1-23
Use props
netcarlos
lvl.1
Czechia

Regarding Osmo Mobile 2 .. I hope that some extension for 2-handed usage will be possible using mount on the bottom of the handle ...
I guess DJI should provide some extension attachment for this..
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules