P3 pro found in ocean - just landed
1031 11 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi - today 20 january 2018 i found a phantom 3 pro that landed in the ocean at Keurbooms beach. contact me at 072 239 9067.
I rinsed it out with fresh water as it was in salt water and sand washing over it - have done a light disassemble - blown it out with compressed air and is now stored in a box of rice.
No assurances of what working condition it may or may not be - one motor certainly feels quite stiff and the camera has moisture inside the lense.
I have the sd card - there is a white mercedes in the one clip - the vehicle registration will be the security question
Phantom 3 pro.GIF
2018-1-20
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

You sir, are worth your weight in gold! I wonder if an Admin here could compare the serial number to the owner for you?

Jeff
2018-1-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-1-20 18:35
You sir, are worth your weight in gold! I wonder if an Admin here could compare the serial number to the owner for you?

Jeff

Sorry, DJI do not do that for some reason.
2018-1-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If it's been in the sea, it's probably toast anyway.
The props and the SD card would be all that's worth anything.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-20 19:12
Sorry, DJI do not do that for some reason.

Data protection is suppose, at least thats being adhered to
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-20 19:22
If it's been in the sea, it's probably toast anyway.
The props and the SD card would be all that's worth anything.

may well be the case - will get it back to him today - he can bury it if he chooses to
2018-1-20
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is very nice of you to take the time to locate the owner and make an attempt at salvaging the Phantom.
2018-1-21
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The police could probably determine the owner of the car in question from the registration number.  They should then be able to make contact with them to enquire about returning lost property.  Any other hints from the video or GPS locations in the flight log?  They may have taken off from their back yard for example.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

endotherm Posted at 2018-1-21 05:25
The police could probably determine the owner of the car in question from the registration number.  They should then be able to make contact with them to enquire about returning lost property.  Any other hints from the video or GPS locations in the flight log?  They may have taken off from their back yard for example.

i managed to find the guy - i trolled his clips trying to see him and eventually i did - for a milisecond he showed himself. i contacted the guest house and they got back to me this morning. The guy was there and said he would come fetch today - did not arrive.
He is a european chat with international cell phone so i did not take his number. Maybe he comes by tomorrow - a bit rude to say today and then not to pitch up
2018-1-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Charge him room and board when he shows.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-21 14:30
Charge him room and board when he shows.

yeh - private hospital rates for labotomy and 2 nights sleep over
2018-1-21
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-21 14:43
yeh - private hospital rates for labotomy and 2 nights sleep over

I'd get him to pay for the rice at least.

He probably too wealthy and doesn't give a *****, bad form not to turn up though, he could have just said to you "keep it" if he didn't want it.

I'd break it downm, and sell the viable parts as spares. e.g body shell, legs etc.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules