Osmo+: Equestrian Sports
4894 11 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

My first movies with the Osmo+... need to fine tune the movement of the gimbal...

2018-1-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see
(and hear some Dutch here as well)
I find these sideways motion very hard to get smooth. (on Osmo Mobile at least) but sometimes it works.

I subscribed to your channel and have one channel that I would like to get 1000 subscribers (because of the new Youtube rules)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJGfq16FGXekfaqQ2DhoWQ
(there will be drone video's here when I re purchase my Mavic)
If you want, please subscribe too.

2018-1-20
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

YouTube keeps changing the rules, not for the better...

I have complained about changing the rules over and over... this is what I got as answer....

"Back in April of 2017, we set a YPP eligibility requirement of 10,000 lifetime views. While that threshold helped give us more information before determining whether a channel followed our community guidelines and policies, it’s been clear over the last few months that we need a higher standard. Moving forward, we want to use a bundle of signals that better help us understand the quality of a channel."

So our channels have low  quality and standards in the eyes of YouTube... they better do something about the garbage videos some of their high standard and high quality Vlogger do upload... I'm sure there will be more "free give away" and clickbait videos on YouTube in the future...

... write off the frustration
2018-1-21
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

@Montfrooij... I subscribed to your channel... hopefully many will follow!

For this who want to subscribe to my channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIlgtyIiBApVqdbbFtLUdhg
2018-1-22
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Hi Mari:
Nice to see another equestrian on the forum.  Two things:
1.  Have you tried the sport mode?  It moves a bit quicker, like horses do.  
2.  Of course, the better answer is to use active track and let your Osmo track the horse for you.  Here's a DJI video on how to do it:  
2018-1-22
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

... Osmo+ doesn't have active track ...
2018-1-22
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Why not purchase an osmo mobile1/2 ? The price now is quite fair
2018-1-23
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

Why should I buy a Osmo Mobile when I have got an Osmo+?  I don't miss the active track... only need to learn to controls the Osmo+ better...
2018-1-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I understand.  Sorry about my mention of active track - didn't know it was not on the Osmo+.  I too have trouble tracking horses with my Mobile, but I find that sport mode does help somewhat.  Does your plus have that?  Also, I concentrate on my little finger when shooting something moving.  If I keep my little finger directed at the target, I do get some amount of improvement in my ability to follow the subject.
2018-1-30
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

I try to control the gimbal/camera with the joystick ...
Can speed things up, but want to move the camera a smooth as possible... need some practise...

Today I visited the "Brabants Kampioenschap" (Regional Championship)... for the first time at such an event, Senna did very well... Maybe next time she will be on the podium...

2018-2-3
Use props
Leftyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Good luck with the OSMO
2018-2-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft