Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are you gonna buy the Mavic 2 / Mavic Air?
12Next >
6871 53 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Three more days to go. I own my Mavic just 12 months now, and it took a lot of effort and patience to get the bird. Not thinking about buying the Mavic 2 / Air. What do you think?
2018-1-20
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

is there even such thing? That we will have to wait until the 23rd
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That will depend on what the specs are of whatever drone is released!
2018-1-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m sure that I will convince myself to buy whatever comes along......
2018-1-20
Use props
djiuser_41qGMv6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 331217 ft
United States

I won’t be buying it as I just got the Mavic and am now saving for the Inspire 2.
2018-1-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If it is as good as in my dreams: yes
2018-1-20
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

I'm currently waiting on a warranty claim on my Mavic so I definitely hope I either get a new Mavic or can apply towards a new Mavic 2 (assuming it is announced on the 23rd).  Hopefully the batteries are comparable as I have 7 (err, 6 I guess   ).
2018-1-20
Use props
Ardenno
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tello first
2018-1-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe depending on price.
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I'd have to see the drone personally, I want to see the specs. I bet it is going to be a big jump in technology... considering they're making a big deal about it. And you are confident that its a new Mavic? I wouldve loved to see a fixed winged drone by DJI.
2018-1-20
Use props
Mark Blaide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Typically, how long after DJI announces a drone does it take before they start shipping units? I wanted to get an MPP before my April vacation, but if this new drone fits my needs do you think it will be available before my trip?
2018-1-20
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If I was looking at a Spark , I'd consider the Mavic Air , if you already have a Mavic I'd keep it.

It would not seem rational for DJI to release a AC that is better than the Mavic in every feature unless they are replacing the P4P, with a more compact foldable drone
2018-1-20
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mark Blaide Posted at 2018-1-20 17:24
Typically, how long after DJI announces a drone does it take before they start shipping units? I wanted to get an MPP before my April vacation, but if this new drone fits my needs do you think it will be available before my trip?

Quite a long time between announcement and shipping, DJI didn't seem to have a very efficient supply chain in the past. It would also not be a good idea to be a early purchaser, until the bugs and issues have been worked out.
2018-1-20
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Netherlands

Agreed. We have some bad experience with the delivery of the Mavic and Customer support. I hope they improved this.
2018-1-21
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

We shall see what it is first!
2018-1-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

My credit card is already in my hand...
2018-1-21
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disappointment in coming!
2018-1-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

God, I hope not.  Though the hype train is big for this one.
2018-1-21
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

......NO.....
2018-1-21
Use props
MavicMule
First Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

I have the MP, & MPP, so like the rest of the pack, will wait to see what’s being released, and most important, when is the release date for getting the product in my hands.  
2018-1-21
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Netherlands

.....One more day to go
2018-1-21
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I will buy it! As long as it's smaller and quieter than the original Mavic
2018-1-21
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I will too, if it out performs my Spark
2018-1-21
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

NO!!!, i have spark and mavic, both unreliable due to firmware and app crashes. First DJI MUST fix this.
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

It seems very promising, but let's wait till tomorrow!
2018-1-22
Use props
user410a7401fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98921 ft
United Kingdom

Id be interested in A. the delivery is VASTLY improved from the debacle that was the mavic delivery. I waited 4 and a half months for delivery which was a complete f******* joke. Secondly Id really like a better camera. The Mavic camera is great, but id love something alot less compressed, better low light and more dynamic range.
2018-1-22
Use props
user410a7401fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98921 ft
United Kingdom

Id be interested in the mavic air if the delivery is VASTLY improved from the debacle that was the mavic delivery. I waited 4 and a half months for delivery which was a complete f******* joke. Secondly Id really like a better camera. The Mavic camera is great, but id love something alot less compressed, better low light and more dynamic range.
2018-1-22
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Netherlands

Agreed. Waited 3 months for my Mavic. Ordered directly from DJI.
2018-1-22
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8110 ft
  • >>>
United States

Id be sold if I finally got aperture control without having to upgrade to a P4P, even though it appears to be a redesign of the spark class drones.
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

Foxeuphoria Posted at 2018-1-22 08:12
Id be sold if I finally got aperture control without having to upgrade to a P4P, even though it appears to be a redesign of the spark class drones.

But under the Mavic line, it could have quite some features!
2018-1-22
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-1-22 08:21
But under the Mavic line, it could have quite some features!

Does not really make sense to redesign the Mavic and release an upgraded version.  it occupies that sweet spot right between the folks who are looking for a packable drone but still looking for something more than what the Spark and new AIR can provide.  At that point might as well redesign the P4P series.
2018-1-22
Use props
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

If it’s anything like the leaked photos. I will be regretting the timing of my Spark purchase. But I also have a birthday in a couple months, so the new one might be my present to myself.
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

Foxeuphoria Posted at 2018-1-22 08:24
Does not really make sense to redesign the Mavic and release an upgraded version.  it occupies that sweet spot right between the folks who are looking for a packable drone but still looking for something more than what the Spark and new AIR can provide.  At that point might as well redesign the P4P series.

DJI ought to move forward.  And that's what is happening.
2018-1-22
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-1-22 08:27
DJI ought to move forward.  And that's what is happening.

I agree.  I will likely purchase the new AIR if only for my fleet to grow larger (Can never have too many AC)!  It would be nice to see little quips I have with my existing fleet fixed with the new AC (aperture control would be nice) but cant say I have ever been truly unsatisfied with any of my DJI purchase decisions short of the osmo+.  Look forward to hearing the actual announcement so I can get a better picture of what im looking at, including more sensor data!
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

Foxeuphoria Posted at 2018-1-22 08:30
I agree.  I will likely purchase the new AIR if only for my fleet to grow larger (Can never have too many AC)!  It would be nice to see little quips I have with my existing fleet fixed with the new AC (aperture control would be nice) but cant say I have ever been truly unsatisfied with any of my DJI purchase decisions short of the osmo+.  Look forward to hearing the actual announcement so I can get a better picture of what im looking at, including more sensor data!

That's less than 24 hours from now! We shall see what's coming - wouldn't expect aperture control but I'd love to see it too!
2018-1-22
Use props
Dog Flight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3432156 ft
United States

Foxeuphoria Posted at 2018-1-22 08:24

I totally agree redesign the Phantom line it is looking old. Give it folding landing gear and limbs and why is the controller so big are they still using tubes in that thing? I would get a Mavic Air but I just can't decide on what color.
2018-1-22
Use props
Foxeuphoria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dog Flight Posted at 2018-1-22 08:53
I totally agree redesign the Phantom line it is looking old. Give it folding landing gear and limbs and why is the controller so big are they still using tubes in that thing? I would get a Mavic Air but I just can't decide on what color.

Buy all three! can never go wrong with more AC
2018-1-22
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking of buying a Tello for the grandson, now if the Mavic Air lives up to the leaked rumors, I may get one for me and give my Spark to the grandson.
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.1
Argentina

depending after seeing a bit the FW there will see ...
2018-1-22
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Netherlands

Some 'leaked' info?

https://www.theverge.com/circuit ... leak-pictures-specs

2018-1-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced