Uncontrolled airport
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bmcgough3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37746 ft
United States

How can you fly near an uncontrolled airport?
2018-1-20
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

How far you from the uncontrolled airport?
2018-1-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-122782-1-1.html
2018-1-20
Use props
Bmcgough3
lvl.1
United States

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-1-20 10:25
How far you from the uncontrolled airport?

It's very close. A few blocks away. It's an uncontrolled airport so sometimes nobody is there to notify. I tried to fly my drone this morning and it would not let me take off.
2018-1-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is you have to at least attemp to notify them.  If nobody is there, they don't pick up the phone or whatever, you've done your due diligence.  

From what I've read in posts, if you're within a mile and a half from the airport, your motors won't start.  Doesn't matter if you have authorization.  

2018-1-20
Use props
Bmcgough3
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-20 14:19
My understanding is you have to at least attemp to notify them.  If nobody is there, they don't pick up the phone or whatever, you've done your due diligence.  

From what I've read in posts, if you're within a mile and a half from the airport, your motors won't start.  Doesn't matter if you have authorization.

Yeah it won't even start up. I walk my dog by the airport and would love to fly the drone there. Maybe I'll try from 1.5 miles away and walk/fly there, see if that works. I wouldn't be flying over 50ft off the ground.
2018-1-20
Use props
S.D. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bmcgough3 Posted at 2018-1-20 14:41
Yeah it won't even start up. I walk my dog by the airport and would love to fly the drone there. Maybe I'll try from 1.5 miles away and walk/fly there, see if that works. I wouldn't be flying over 50ft off the ground.

Yeah definitely sucks that you can't fly near your home. Good idea then to venture out a couple of miles to see if it takes off.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules