Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
drone image comparison
1490 37 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

So i found a p3p in the drink today.
The phantom flyer and i were flying around the same area at about the same time.
I took some screen shot comparisons of screen grabs from his sd and mine.
Mavic pro on the right - Phantom 3 pro on the left

Screenshot (27).png
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same camera settings?  That's a huge difference
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-20 11:05

not sure what his settings were - but both are straight off the sd card with no editing done - my mavic did have nd 8pl on - p3p had no filters (or got lost in the drink - but i think did not have any on) -
i thought it was an interesting comparison
both have strong points - which did you prefer ?
2018-1-20
Use props
DonMigel1979
First Officer
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-20 11:05

Strange.
One is sunny, the other cloudy.
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

which did you prefer ?

I prefer the P3 after looking at those images
2018-1-20
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

There is no way this is the same day
2018-1-20
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Nope, not same day for sure.
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-20 11:45

I think its because you hit the million meter mark on your Mavic and it's trying to tell you to get a new one
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The P3P is a great drone - and the first serious drone I owned. The image quality was always excellent except when recording in 4K which was worse than the Mavic (it was DJI's first consumer grade drone with 4K). No tap to focus, wider angle lens, no gimmicks and it flew very smoothly. That said, I agree with STRIDE8 - these images were definitely recorded on different days. The variance in the sky and cloud clearly shows that.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-20 11:45

absolutely the same day only our angle is a bit differant (me looking more down and p3p looking more to horizon) - the same people on the beach - same yellow umbrella - same guy leaning against the same rock in the same way in both images - same fisherman with brown stripe shirt (in the mavic pic he is fishing at the water edge - i took photos of him also) and in the p3p photo, wearing the same shirt the fisherman is seen walking along the water edge.Our clips were taken no more than half hour apart - when i was packing up i saw his drone come over head and a few minutes later turned to watch as it decended into the ocean.
Considering the p3p clip was 9 min long and i had just packed up makes me think that he was in the air in about the same place as me at about the same time.
And thats why i find this comparison so interesting.
Mavic on the left - P3P on the right
mavic with nd filter - P3P not.
Screenshot (15).png

2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 12:01
absolutely the same day only our angle is a bit differant (me looking more down and p3p looking more to horizon) - the same people on the beach - same yellow umbrella - same guy leaning against the same rock in the same way in both images - same fisherman with brown stripe shirt (in the mavic pic he is fishing at the water edge - i took photos of him also) and in the p3p photo, wearing the same shirt the fisherman is seen walking along the water edge.Our clips were taken no more than half hour apart - when i was packing up i saw his drone come over head and a few minutes later turned to watch as it decended into the ocean.
Considering the p3p clip was 9 min long and i had just packed up makes me think that he was in the air in about the same place as me at about the same time.
And thats why i find this comparison so interesting.

"Mavic on the left - P3P on the right"

The Mavic pic looks better than P3 in this comparision
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tree...on your 1st post you stated "Mavic pro on the right - Phantom 3 pro on the left"
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-20 11:52
The P3P is a great drone - and the first serious drone I owned. The image quality was always excellent except when recording in 4K which was worse than the Mavic (it was DJI's first consumer grade drone with 4K). No tap to focus, wider angle lens, no gimmicks and it flew very smoothly. That said, I agree with STRIDE8 - these images were definitely recorded on different days. The variance in the sky and cloud clearly shows that.

ok - have a look at this - i circled the same aspects on the beach Same day.GIF
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting - what date and time shows on the footage in your computer from the files on the SD card?
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-20 12:06
Tree...on your 1st post you stated "Mavic pro on the right - Phantom 3 pro on the left"

i'm such an idiot , you are right - Mavic is on the left - P3P on the right - sorry for that :-(
2018-1-20
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

The Mavic is taking really crappy video. something's not right.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Sorry folks - MAVIC ON THE LEFT and P3P on the right (in all comparisons)
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-20 12:13
Interesting - what date and time shows on the footage in your computer from the files on the SD card?

so i opened the properties of mavic clip and p3p clip
Mavic on the left - P3p on the right
The time stamp does not indicate minutes, only hours - we flew within the same hour
same day vcl.GIF
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 12:14
i'm such an idiot , you are right - Mavic is on the left - P3P on the right - sorry for that :-(

No worries...Now I feel better about selling giving my P3 to my brother...LOL
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-20 12:40
No worries...Now I feel better about selling giving my P3 to my brother...LOL

- i think the p3p owner might have just got his drone because in places on the clip he fiddles with shutter speed like i did when i was a newbie.
I think if the p3p has filters on it should be a whole lot better and then surely better than the mavic again
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That makes sense - hence why he lost it too! Bless him!
2018-1-20
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 12:27
Mavic on the left - P3p on the right
The time stamp does not indicate minutes, only hours - we flew within the same hour

You should get the "MediaInfo" properties, rather than the file properties. That tells you the exact time of the encoding was done.
2018-1-20
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 12:27
Mavic on the left - P3p on the right
The time stamp does not indicate minutes, only hours - we flew within the same hour

You should get the "MediaInfo" properties, rather than the file properties. That tells you the exact time of the encoding was done.
2018-1-20
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 12:11
ok - have a look at this - i circled the same aspects on the beach[view_image]

Would it be a case of WB not set properly?
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Fred F Posted at 2018-1-20 15:21

i will look for that - thanks
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Fred F Posted at 2018-1-20 15:27

he was having issues with his settings cause in the clip i can see him playing around with them - not sure what he was getting so wrong - maybe adjust shutter speed too low to compensate for lack of nd filters
2018-1-20
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Tree,

As a side issue, I love that part of the World where you are at, actually one glimpse onto that lagoon there, but did not go down as I was driving through towards PE and beyond.

Wonder if there are many restrictions on flying the Mavic in SA.

cheers
2018-1-20
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

If he lost his P3 in the water, how did you get the SD card???
2018-1-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-1-20 17:43
If he lost his P3 in the water, how did you get the SD card???

i took the drone out of the water and took the sd card out the drone -
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred F Posted at 2018-1-20 15:27

The WB merely adjusts the kelvin - cloudy adding a warm tint and sunny a cold one to compensate for the environment - it wouldn't adjust the clarity of the image to this extent.
2018-1-20
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-20 22:48
i took the drone out of the water and took the sd card out the drone -

Ahh! Bonus!! Now just source a controller???
Actually dont, the photos look terrible, throw it back....
2018-1-20
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Almost looks like the camera setting in the P3P are set to Sepia
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-1-20 23:45
Ahh! Bonus!! Now just source a controller???
Actually dont, the photos look terrible, throw it back....

i found the guy - he was supposed to call me back this morning but did not ..?? maybe he doesnt want it either.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-21 00:17
Almost looks like the camera setting in the P3P are set to Sepia

good idea - that could be it.
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-21 10:53
i found the guy - he was supposed to call me back this morning but did not ..?? maybe he doesnt want it either.

He probably researched how he crashed it and then discovered that when a drone hits sea water it's basically only a matter of time until it's dead - especially a P3P with a thousands vent slits all over it. Even if it turns on it's only a matter of time until the corrosion will kill it. Anyone from DJI viewing the thread will simply say send it back for replacement. Would be interesting to see the flight record and what caused it to crash in the sea.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-21 13:59
He probably researched how he crashed it and then discovered that when a drone hits sea water it's basically only a matter of time until it's dead - especially a P3P with a thousands vent slits all over it. Even if it turns on it's only a matter of time until the corrosion will kill it. Anyone from DJI viewing the thread will simply say send it back for replacement. Would be interesting to see the flight record and what caused it to crash in the sea.

after i pulled it out the water i rinsed it immediately under a tap at the beach - tried to rinsed it as good as possible (cant spell thoroly?) Then drove at 120km ph with the drone out my window for about 50km - blew it out with compressed air when i got home - bought bags of rice and put it all in a bag.
Today while waiting for the guy i decided to strip to camera and gimbal as there was still water inside and this would be the best and last chance to save it or some parts if even possible at all.

Took me the entire day to strip and rewash and redry the entire gimbal and camera assembly - eventually got it all back together without any spare parts - the patient may be dead but the opperation was successful
was a cool experiance - never did labotomy on a drone before - never reassembled any thing without having bits left over.
Just one screw driver size i did not have and so could not take the top off - real pitty about that.
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-21 14:13
after i pulled it out the water i rinsed it immediately under a tap at the beach - tried to rinsed it as good as possible (cant spell thoroly?) Then drove at 120km ph with the drone out my window for about 50km - blew it out with compressed air when i got home - bought bags of rice and put it all in a bag.
Today while waiting for the guy i decided to strip to camera and gimbal as there was still water inside and this would be the best and last chance to save it or some parts if even possible at all.

Wow - thats awesome! I hope he appreciates that when (if) he collects it. Still, I would still send it back LOL
2018-1-21
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-1-21 14:18
Wow - thats awesome! I hope he appreciates that when (if) he collects it. Still, I would still send it back LOL

i suspect he will pick it up tomorrow as he is driving through here enroute cape town
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules