New drone update failed and constantly beeping
794 4 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New

United States

I just opened my brand new P4P. It informed me there was a firmware update required, so I did it. I got an update failed error message so after looking at the forums I found the DJi Assitant 2. I tried updating through that and still got the update failed error. I tried several times, updating and even downgrading, but no luck. Finally, it appears that the aircraft has updated to the latest version according to the assistant and the dji go app. The app shows ready to fly, however the drone is making this annoying beeping sound and the led light on the side is red. The aircraft battery indicator on the app shows as N/A and it wont start up, take off or anything, it just keeps beeping. The only thing I can do is move the gimbal thats all. So i hooked back up to the Assistant and tried to refresh the firmware and got the error message again when it hits 28%. I am stuck. i just want to be able to fly my new drone! Can someone tell me what to do please?
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, what's the error message? Is there an error code for it? Please provide me with a screenshot of the error message and export the update log for a better check, here's the route: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\roaming\DJI assistant2\upgrade_log, you can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here.
And at the moment, if you have another battery, please try to change the battery and update again.
2018-1-20
Use props
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 19:52
Hi there, what's the error message? Is there an error code for it? Please provide me with a screenshot of the error message and export the update log for a better check, here's the route: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\roaming\DJI assistant2\upgrade_log, you can upload to Dropbox and paste the link here.
And at the moment, if you have another battery, please try to change the battery and update again.

This was the error message. However, it stopped the beeping so I thought everything was better. Took it out for a test flight and as soon as it took off about 4 feet off the ground, it flipped itself over and spiraled towards the ground, shattering one of the propeller arms. I’m not sure what to do now. I’ve had the other generations of the Phantom and have never experienced this before.
6DAD7EC4-3E70-4DFE-97BF-9261E2A6A4B5.jpeg
2018-1-20
Use props
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 19:52

Here it sits now. I’m so upset that I never even got a chance to fly it. What can I do? Is there anything I can do?
DCC19A9B-F993-41B8-B042-98896DA3E05F.jpeg
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

0243 Posted at 2018-1-20 20:04
Here it sits now. I’m so upset that I never even got a chance to fly it. What can I do? Is there anything I can do?

I am so sorry for your crash. For this case, I suggest directly sending the drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Please contact our support to start the case. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules