So... my P4(P/A) battery pins burned, what do I do?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1352083 ft
United States

My battery's pins burned, my guess is after a charge, but I was still able to fly on them. The problem is, is that it's giving me occasional "Battery Signal Errors" In-Flight. I have not flown on this same battery after the moment I noticed it, being smart . But this 1 out of the 2 batteries I have so is there any chance that I can send it to DJI to be fixed or something? I have not been using any 3rd party chargers, only disclaiming that because I know other's are going to ask .

Here is the damage:
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
2018-1-20
Use props
Big Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

I have had this happen to mine also, look in the drone and see if it is also melted a little mine was. It looked a little melted and was not letting me plug it all the way in (Just tiny bit out)  DO NOT FLY WITH IT!! I think it comes from the battery plug not connecting with plugs in drone. I know it was all way in and snapped in place! Mine was melted in when it shut off in mid air and fell to ground
2018-2-9
Use props
Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1352083 ft
United States

Big Popie Posted at 2018-2-9 09:18
I have had this happen to mine also, look in the drone and see if it is also melted a little mine was. It looked a little melted and was not letting me plug it all the way in (Just tiny bit out)  DO NOT FLY WITH IT!! I think it comes from the battery plug not connecting with plugs in drone. I know it was all way in and snapped in place! Mine was melted in when it shut off in mid air and fell to ground

Yeah, don't plan on flying with it anymore ;C
2018-2-9
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Unless you have DJI Care or the battery is pretty much new... to be frank, don't bother.
I sent a P3 battery in only after I had emailed beforehand to verify it could be repaired. Short story, many emails and lots of exasperation and ultimately told it couldn't be fixed.  Even more emails and exasperation before I could get them to send it back. The whole ordeal here.

The warranty period for pretty much every DJI battery is less than 6 months old with less than 200 charge cycles.  https://www.dji.com/service/policy#warranty_period
2018-2-9
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

It also may have burned the board in the drone, it got very hot, you need to get the power board in drone replace, problem may started with that power board in battery connector in the drone.
2018-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Dog Man Posted at 2018-3-10 12:07
It also may have burned the board in the drone, it got very hot, you need to get the power board in drone replace, problem may started with that power board in battery connector in the drone.

This is good advice. The 'burning' you report is caused by a poor connection between the connector pins in the battery and the pins in the charger. Any dirt or contamination can lead to poor connections, and those connections heat up. The only cure is to replace the connectors. Unfortunately the P4 connector system is a bad design compared to the previous P3 system.

2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules