Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom RC Issue (Hard Reset Request)
702 1 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkeele17
New
Flight distance : 17434 ft
United States

I've been reading through threads and there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information. Nothing I have tried so far has worked and I am trying to avoid having to send in my controller for servicing. The situation is as follows:

Everything functioning normally. DJI 4 app prompts me to update my P4. Firmware update for P4 works fine. App prompts me to update P4 Remote Controller. Firmware update for P4 Remote Controller SEEMS to go fine. However, following the update the remote instantly becomes useless.

Remote Symptoms:

1. Remote turns on with only one press of the power button rather than the normal second press.
2. All of the lights are white (Status + four battery indicator lights)
3. No longer connects with P4
4. "DJI Assistant" app will not recognize that the controller is plugged in

I've tried several button combinations to reset the controller and attempt to re-update firmware to no avail. Youtube trouble shoots other problems but not this one. This issue seems to show up in other threads of controller issues but I haven't been able to identify an answer for this specific issue and from everything I've read, DJI Service will just tell me to send it in and charge me to fix it. Like many others, I'm struggling to stay loyal to DJI. Great product initially but updates seem to be doing more harm than good often.

Thoughts? Ideas?

2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you are using an iOS device to update the firmware, please change to an Android device. If it doesn't help, please ensure if you had tried this method: keep the RC off, press C1+ C2 + recording button + ISO dial and power on the RC (press the Power Button once, then press and hold it for 2 seconds) at the same time, then the LED light of the RC might light up with white. Next please connect to your mobile device and enter device, upgrade it again on the Aircraft Status column.
If the issue still persists, you might need to send the RC back. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules