Constantly prompted to check box and take responsability for flight.
602 4 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mbsz53
lvl.1

United States

I have flown one battery since updating the most recent firmware, .22. It's an area where I have flown previously without any problems. During my last flight, using the new update for the first time, I was constantly prompted to check the box to take responsibility for the flight. Obviously, this was a great nuisance, blocking the majority of the screen and overriding other functions like the RTH command. I literally had to press the RTH button as fast as possible between pop UPS. Anyone else having similar issues? It was very cold. Possibly make a difference? Suggestions? Thank you in advance.
2018-1-20
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I don't have an answer about the checkbox but couldn't you just hit the button on the remote for return to home?
2018-1-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I saw another posting tonight where a guy shut off his remote in order to force RTH.  It never occurred to him to use the RTH button.    The RTH function is something that should be practiced many times in an open area and when things are good.  Pilots should be practiced at RTH so they don't panic when it is really needed.
2018-1-20
Use props
Mbsz53
lvl.1

United States

Thank you first two posters about RTH input. It was nice of you to take the time to read my post and respond. My primary concern is the pop-up window that continuously asks me to check the box and confirm responsibility for the flight. I can't see my monitor and it takes most of the joy out of flying. The worst effect is that I can not see where I'm going, or how to frame for pictures and video.
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These pop up's tend to happen when flying near classified airspace or you have set your max flight altitude to above 120m/400' - is that the case?
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules