P4P Landing Gear. "Service parts Only" Why???
759 2 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66ed713f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65515 ft

Australia

Why is it that DJI will not allow me to purchase P4P Landing gear in Australia. They have now made the rule that they will only provide certain parts to "Authorised repairers".  Here in Australia we now have online "repairers" asking for $130-$150 upfront, then you have to send your drone in for them to assess. They then give you a price and timeframe for the repair. I just want the parts and wish to do it myself. I have been building multirotors since well before the DJI RTF drones came onto the market and are likely more capable of the repair than some of the employee's of these companies.
My only option is to order parts in from countries where this is not, and will never be, enforced. I would prefer to pay a little more and buy locally. Looks like local will no longer be an option.
Can a DJI rep please explain why they are making the repair option so difficult.

2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we don't have Phantom 4 Pro landing gear for sale, as you can see in the online store, if the accessories are available, it will be listed on the website. We know there might be pilots who DIY drones before, however, DJI doesn't recommend repairing the drone by the users themselves for the flight safety and warranty maintenance, so if there is a need, please kindly send the drone back to DJI repair center. Please contact our support support@dji.com for a further help. Thank you for your kindly understanding.
2018-1-20
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65515 ft

Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 17:37
Hi, we don't have Phantom 4 Pro landing gear for sale, as you can see in the online store, if the accessories are available, it will be listed on the website. We know there might be pilots who DIY drones before, however, DJI doesn't recommend repairing the drone by the users themselves for the flight safety and warranty maintenance, so if there is a need, please kindly send the drone back to DJI repair center. Please contact our support support@dji.com for a further help. Thank you for your kindly understanding.

Thank's Thor but sadly I do not understand. These are not accessories they are replacement parts required to keep our equipment in the air and producing media etc... . There is nothing dangerous about me replacing landing gear nor associated compass equipment. I have done it for years before the 1st Phantom's arrived.  There is no warranty that applies to this drone. I just want to get it back in the air. Australia is a very large country and I travel it constantly in my RV using my equipment to record this. To insist that a person has to send a multirotor in for repairs to 1 location in Victoria is a massive step backwards for DJI. I understand DJI trying to make more money due to smaller profit margins on sales but limiting who can carry out repairs under the disguise of flight safety has no merit.
Drones are so readily available today that flight safety can no longer be an enforceable issue.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules