Firmware for Slave RC for Matrice 100 Master RC - Where?
1625 4 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

The Inspire 1 Remote Controller (GL 658 B) is used as a Slave Remote Controller for the Matrice 100 Master Remote Controller (GL 658 C).  However, it is difficult to find out how to update or upgrade the firmware for the Inspire Remote Controller, GL 658 B, to make it link to the M100 so it can be used as a Slave Remote Controller.  Is linking the proper procedure?  Is a firmware update all that is required?  If so, what firmware is needed to be updated?  Is the Z3 camera gimbal the only firmware, or a suplementary firmware, that has to be updated to make the slave remote controller work?  If the Inspire 1 Remote Controller, GL 658 B, is compatable with the M100 as DJI says in the Store Page, how do you make it work?

Any assistance in this effort would be greatly appreciated.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-20
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there, please make sure that all remote controllers have the same firmware. You will have to enable the master slave function one master one slave of course. What we have found is that your phone or tablet is not dispalying the screens correctly. so you will have do some things blind. Therefore we write down the passwords and ID's of each controller. Setup the master controller first. Then setup the slave and search for the master via the search function. You will asked for the password enter it. you shold be now connected but you still have not gimbal nor aircraft control you will have to request it agai. enable the coach mode on the master controller and you should be all good.
2018-1-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SFOPhantom Posted at 2018-1-29 09:39
Hi there, please make sure that all remote controllers have the same firmware. You will have to enable the master slave function one master one slave of course. What we have found is that your phone or tablet is not dispalying the screens correctly. so you will have do some things blind. Therefore we write down the passwords and ID's of each controller. Setup the master controller first. Then setup the slave and search for the master via the search function. You will asked for the password enter it. you shold be now connected but you still have not gimbal nor aircraft control you will have to request it agai. enable the coach mode on the master controller and you should be all good.

Aloha Phantom,

Mahalo for the help!  We are unable to determine the firmware of the Inspire 1 RAW remote controller.  We swapped the CrystalSky displays and finally got the Matrice 100 to show a "Camera" option.  But it was to no avail.  Still nothing worked.  We will probably have to send it in to DJI.  There is just no way we can get this controller to act nice.  I am going to try the "C" button and wheel factory defaults reset next before we send it in.  (Got to look that one up.)

Mahalo for the insight on the Master / Slave issues we need to expect.  I am sure that will come in handy.  I am copying your post into my notes file.

BTW, do you have any information on the Matrice 100 spinning problem.  We just had that happen yesterday.  I had to fly it like "HomeLock".  That is what I will be researching tonight.

Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-29
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-1-29 19:40
Aloha Phantom,

Mahalo for the help!  We are unable to determine the firmware of the Inspire 1 RAW remote controller.  We swapped the CrystalSky displays and finally got the Matrice 100 to show a "Camera" option.  But it was to no avail.  Still nothing worked.  We will probably have to send it in to DJI.  There is just no way we can get this controller to act nice.  I am going to try the "C" button and wheel factory defaults reset next before we send it in.  (Got to look that one up.)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I am not that very often on here. I hope by now you have figured out you spinning problem?

Still not sure why you are not able to see the firmware of your remote controller?  There have been many errors with the bottom USB HDMI module on those remotes maybe that might be your problem?

2018-2-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SFOPhantom Posted at 2018-2-24 11:10
Sorry for the delayed reply.

I am not that very often on here. I hope by now you have figured out you spinning problem?

Aloha Phantom,

Just today, we were working on that RC issue and figured out that that was probably the problem.  My friend will be sending the Slave RC (Inspire 1 RC) off to DJI for repair.  Mahalo for the input!  

At least we were able to get the M100 to link with the Inspire 1 RC (Slave), even if the RC was faulty, by doing a manual linking.  That was interesting and for us, that was worth a party!  One nice thing about troubleshooting these complex problems is that when you isolate a problem, it is really rewarding.

And the spinning is not too much of a problem anymore.  Our latest problem with spinning and unresponsiveness was due to our using the "F" mode for practice with CourseLock for a job.  We were trying to bring it home and forgot to switch back to "P" mode.  It came home, but it was not pretty.

We have Guidance and an extra battery bay installed.  We removed an expansion bay that put the Guidance up so high it was creating Center of Gravity issues for the IMU that resulted in the spinning (we think).  It is much more stable now, as long as we go back to "P" mode.  But we need to test it more.

All this complexity sure is fun to figure out!  Then there is the mystery, like why the twin batteries did not work together initially and now they work together properly (but the flight time is less than ideal).  Still, we make progress almost daily.

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules