GO4 not compatible with Samsung S2 tablet now?
332 0 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

I've noticed my GO4 app shutting down with the phantom 4, but starting it back up does not reconnect at all, the only way it will reconnect is to restart the remote controller, and lots of times I don't want the Phantom 4 to return home, just stay where it is while I get the app reconnected.

With the original GO app I used to get the occasional disconnect with the message that the GO app had shut down unexpectedy, but I would restart the app and it would reconnect immediately.  Now the app screen just vanishes, no messages, no nothing. Starting the app back up just sits there like it does when you don't have the Phantom powered up.

I have the app on a Samsung S2 SM-T810, when I bought my Phantom in the middle of 2016 it was one of the recommended tablets.  I've experienced this type of crash since June 2017, it was rare and seemed to clear up when I turned off wifi, but my last couple of flights it's happening every time. I've turned off the wifi, disabled video cache etc. and any other recommendations I could find.
I just deleted the app and was going to try a reinstall and see if that helps, but I notice when I go to the app page it says "This app may not be optimised for your device", which makes me wonder if my once recommended (and quite expensive) tablet is not longer compatible with the GO4 app?

I don't know why it is doing this and makes flying very nerve racking. I have the Litchi app and am thinking perhaps I just need to fly with that and not the GO4 app, but I'd sure like to know why I am getting these constant app crashes now.

2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules