Is it possible to backup an older version of the app?
542 0 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Remember back when DJI decided to do the forced live NFZ updates (just before the Spark launched)?  Well I decided not to update my app once I heard that was in the new version, and I have not updated since.  Either one, Go and Go4.

I am happy with the old version and my outdated firmware, everything works fine, however, I have just ordered an M1 Gimbal to use with my Osmo+, which would be fine, except I have an IPhone X, DJI is supposedly working on a fix for the optical stabilization issue, and I have taken them at their word, but if they do that the fix will require me to upgrade my app and or firmware.  That might be a problem.

Is it possible to create a backup of my old app so I can redownload it from the App Store if I don’t like the new version?  If so, how?  Can it be done outside of the App Store?  If so, how?

What about the firmware?  Is it possible to go back to old firmware on the Osmo series?  I would need a version to match my old app if I went back.

On a related note, is my information out of date?  Did DJI ever correct the dynamic NFZ problem or implement that “privacy mode” they were talking about?  Does using privacy mode inhibit function in anyway?  Do the maps still load?  Am I using old software for no reason?
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules