Boosters
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Bear I
New
Flight distance : 15614 ft
United States

Do these signal boosters make a differrence in your experience or performance??  "Hooshion Parabolic Antenna Range Extender Signal Booster"  
2018-1-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bear,

Yes, my experience has shown a significant increase in performance including jungle penetration.  Here is a Thread of mine on the subject.  Be sure to look at the photos near the end of the thread.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-60563-1-1.html

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-21
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

They work for me. I would expect the more open area to be in, the better range to get.
2018-1-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just my humble opinion,  but they never worked for me.  Not worth a hill o beans.  Some people swear by them, and maybe  it works in different environments.
2018-1-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Boosters can be anything that increases range such as an amplifier or a better antenna.  In this case, you're talking about windsurfers, sometimes called reflectors or deflectors and it sometimes includes the word parabolic.  It turns an omni antenna into a directional antenna which enables the pilot to send more signal strength in the desired direction.  They have to be well designed... IMO they should be supported at both ends of the antenna to maintain the correct and consistent distance from the antenna at both top and bottom and also so that the deflected signal is sent in the intended direction with precision (not too high/low) - relative to the primary non-deflected signal.  The surface of the deflector should be uniformly curved and not warped - and the surface should also be smooth.  Ideally, the antenna assembly would be aimed by the pilot perfectly - not only in terms of left/right, but also up/down.  They won't work with some Phantoms such as the P3SE since the stick antenna doesn't communicate with the AC.  They also won't help FPV range with the P3S since the FPV antennas are hidden inside the controller on that system.  The P4 controller (and the other three P3 systems) has two visible antennas, both of which communicate with the AC, so they should all work nicely, and there is plenty of evidence of increased range all over the internet in forums and youtube.  Erskin's original design circa 2002 works for both 2.4 ghz and 5.8 ghz.  And that's convenient since many of the systems these days can switch between those two frequencies.  These aren't Erskin's exact design, however, as the deflectors we see today on Amazon and eBay that are made for twin antennas aren't as wide - and also the focal point is not set as deep within the parabola.  Still - RC pilots have been using variations of this windsurfer design since at least 2013 and range is improved even if the deflector design isn't quite perfect.

2018-1-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I;ve used the SKYREAT twin parabolic reflectors on the antennae of my standard Phantom P4.  They do improve range somewhat, but note that they are quite directive, with attenuation of the signal outside of the curve of the parabolas (which fit snugly over the antennae at top and bottom). You need to keep them pointed in the direction of the drone to maximize the effect.
2018-1-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The parabolic pretty much doubled the range of my P4P without question, such a shame the standard range is nothing close to the specs
2018-1-31
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

I did get a significant increase in range (much more than 30%)
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules