Dare I?
524 6 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

This is just an opinion! It seems to me that since the lid was lifted on sport mode and compass errors a most welcome decrease in the number of flyaways has been recorded. Good news if so!
2018-1-21
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

What is this magical lid that you speak of?
2018-1-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well ,the ability to reproduce the compass error  syndrome leading to atti , mainly in exuberant sport mode flying.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The compass.
I welcome views on my suggestion that yaw /compass that appear out of the blue with no likely source may be associated with the observations afew others have made when the can reproduce them  by turning after a high speed run.
Perhaps when a turn is initiated by left stick , ie yaw only, the craft carries straight on for a while due to inertia.
The gps data then conflicts with the compass/gyro data.Atti follows.
2018-1-21
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

So if that is the cause of the error, what would your recommendation be for flying? Slowing down before turning, like driving a car? That would make sense.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I regard it as a possibility so I'm cautious when exploring behaviour in that area. I'm often displaying the sensor screen. To my surprise and relief careful approach close to power lines has no effect at all, and very close passes by my car and lamp posts likewise. I don't think interference is "picked up " randomly mid air. I think GPS /compass lose sync when certain conditions are encountered/exceeded.
2018-1-22
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

To answer your original question, slowing before a turn may be a style till more info is available, which I hope will emerge. Also a coordinated turn such as aircraft have to make with bank and rudder would stop this drift. It's bit like the difference on ice between a curling stone and the bobsleigh.   
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules