Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there a quick fix for compass 1 disconnected warning
12953 13 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tloowIV
New
Ireland

Hi, I'm getting a compass 1 disconnected warning on the screen , I have recalibrated it and moved location. Drone flys fine. Is this a quick fix?
2018-1-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I guess it depends - is it possible the cable somehow became disconnected at the compass on the leg?  
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_tloowIV
New
Ireland

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-21 11:56
I guess it depends - is it possible the cable somehow became disconnected at the compass on the leg?

no wire disconnected at legs.
2018-1-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well if it's fixed it then it may have been a badly calibrated compass, or a glitch in App'.

Compass readings can also be checked by looking at DJI Go 4  'Main Controller Settings' / 'Advanced Settings' / 'Sensors' and then you will see IMU stability, and by tapping on 'Compass' tab the compass stability (green is good, and the smaller the better). If there's a faulty compass it would say there.
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_tloowIV
New
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-21 13:42
Well if it's fixed it then it may have been a badly calibrated compass, or a glitch in App'.

Compass readings can also be checked by looking at DJI Go 4  'Main Controller Settings' / 'Advanced Settings' / 'Sensors' and then you will see IMU stability, and by tapping on 'Compass' tab the compass stability (green is good, and the smaller the better). If there's a faulty compass it would say there.

Thanks Folks, I am in the compass tab and that is where it says compass 1 disconnected, compass 2 is only a green dot
2018-1-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The green dot indicates that compass 2 is the active device. I would try a firmware refresh and factory reset, see if that makes any difference. Perhaps a re-install of App'. But at this moment it looks as if compass one has gone faulty. Both compass' should be displaying readings, fluctuating slightly.
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_tloowIV
New
Ireland

Thanks for that, I will try tomorrow
2018-1-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has the craft taken a hit of any sort prior to this issue?
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_tloowIV
New
Ireland

No crashes just one or two hard landings
2018-1-21
Use props
fburdey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13822 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

Same problem here, did you solve it?

Was it a hardware problem? Or did the firmware refresh do the trick?
2018-4-19
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.4

Australia

fburdey Posted at 2018-4-19 12:53
Hi,

Same problem here, did you solve it?

Compass 1 is located in the left side landing skid..if wires are connected ok then your compass is faulty. your best option is to buy left hand landing gear with compass and wires, this what i did and issue was fixed. Check ebay
2018-4-19
Use props
Pixel
lvl.1

France

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-4-19 19:44
Compass 1 is located in the left side landing skid..if wires are connected ok then your compass is faulty. your best option is to buy left hand landing gear with compass and wires, this what i did and issue was fixed. Check ebay

Hello
I have the same problem on a P4 pro +.
after a crash, i change the landing gear and the wires.
the message " compass1 disconnected", the wire is connected,
i install the lest firmware and a factory reset, but no change...
2018-7-1
Use props
djiuser_T411zJLyZUcX
New

India

djiuser_tloowIV Posted at 2018-1-21 13:59
Thanks Folks, I am in the compass tab and that is where it says compass 1 disconnected, compass 2 is only a green dot
Compass error/compass1 Disconnect on my Dji mavic air, how will i fix it.? Do i need to replace my GPS Module.? Please help
2021-8-24
Use props
mareclodaniel
New

United States

is it possible the cable somehow became disconnected at the compass on the leg?  
Speed Test
2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules