Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
South Africa

H guys.
I have another rather odd question

Sometimes I shoot a clip where I realize that most of the clip will be useless or is b ad in some way (technical or creatively).
To store the clip, i would like to shorten it and cut away the parts I won’t need (for space and also organization).
This is not for cutting a video, this is just for saving the clips after filming.

Now my question is, can I import my clips into my program (davinci in my case), cut the clip and then export it without losing any quality? And if it Is possible what export format should I choose?

I would then use these shortened clips for videos I cut, when I’m ready to cut a video.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nikp, I would recommend you use the original video from your SD card. The videos saved in phone are cache videos.
2018-1-22
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
South Africa

Sorry, you misunderstood me.
My question is in a different direction, it’s about video quality when exporting from a program like davinci. Does the quality of my recorded h264 suffer when I import it into davinci cut off some part and export in h264 again? I would just like to shorten some clips. I hope it is more understandable now
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

That depends - if the properties you edit with match the original footage then it shouldn't be much of a problem, but if they do not - you will surely have some quality loss.
2018-1-22
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have found a program to cut the junk out of your aerial clips that does NOT re-encode them thereby reducing the quality.  It is called "SolveigMM Video Splitter Business Edition"  It basically chops video based on I and P frames and copies data forming a new file with the junk removed.  It can also join multiple file sequences without re-encoding thus no quality loss.  I use it extensively on MP4 files.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules