Reviewing error messages in app?
897 5 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I got an error/warning message while flying today and want to see what it exactly said.  

Today is foggy with decent visual out to two blocks before you can't see further.  I took off to video the back deck from 30ish feet up.  There was a warning something about condensation on sensors and should land immediately.  It was close to me so I just kept an eye on it and did a quick zoom into the deck and a quick half orbit before landing back in my hand.  I would like to see what it really said without having to turn into a detective with exports and high powered computers involved.

I think it just saw distant fogging out of the scene in part of the camera view and thought it was condensation building on the edges of the lense.  The camera was looking horizontal as I did the 30 foot hover to get a good home point situation.
2018-1-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This lists the error codes - go into the app and view the warnings which are listed and compare. If the errors are still listed in the aircraft status this table breaks down what each one means.
2018-1-21
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Hmm, I reviewed my flight log in the app and didn't see anything but the home point notice.  I will review the manuals and see if there is a table listing warnings similar to what I saw.  The flight log looks like it took a picture on its own looking straight out while setting home point.  It has the fog rolled down over half the picture before the ground starts to be in view.  I think it just saw that as condensation.
2018-1-21
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Had something similar when flying in fog,, message was” Ultrasonic sensor error, land immediately “.  Which I did. Message cleared but I don’t fly in fog or suspect weather any more.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing. I think the table is really useful. We would not recommend users fly across fog or cloud as it may fail to land and have the wrong message of Ultrasonic sensor error. This error can be caused by stain on the VPS. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Flighty Posted at 2018-1-21 22:45
Had something similar when flying in fog,, message was” Ultrasonic sensor error, land immediately “.  Which I did. Message cleared but I don’t fly in fog or suspect weather any more.

I think that may have been it.  It was plenty clear near me where I kept the spark.  Visibility about 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile.   I guess the sensors were picking up too many water particles at various distances.  Also, I found a finger print on one of the downward sensors.  

Whole flight took less than two minutes to get the manual dronie inward shot and a half orbit.  Plus, I was ready on the sticks and the Sport mode switch if the autopilot needed to be shown who is boss.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules