1641 6 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mowog2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78944 ft
Australia

Hi All

I currently have my battery low level warning set at 30% what do you guys set your low warning at?

I don’t do long range flights I mostly stay fairly close doing Landscape photography.
2018-1-21
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Setting low battery warning is only a reminder for the operator when he/she may consider bringing back the bird. It is not critical how you set it. However, setting the critical battery level is such a big deal. You need to carefully consider it. When critical level reaches, the bird will land immediately disregarding whether it is safe or not. It is up to the operator to deal with this situation for it to land safely.
2018-1-21
Use props
Mowog2
lvl.3
Australia

DTK Posted at 2018-1-21 14:01
Setting low battery warning is only a reminder for the operator when he/she may consider bringing back the bird. It is not critical how you set it. However, setting the critical battery level is such a big deal. You need to carefully consider it. When critical level reaches, the bird will land immediately disregarding whether it is safe or not. It is up to the operator to deal with this situation for it to land safely.

I understand what you are saying. At what point does an Inspire 1 fall out of the sky
2018-1-21
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

I land the bird on the deck with 30% remaining as standard operating procedure.
Too many issues in the past with rapidly dropping battery levels (once you're under 25%) to trust that last third of the charge.
2018-1-21
Use props
Mowog2
lvl.3
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-1-21 15:50
I land the bird on the deck with 30% remaining as standard operating procedure.
Too many issues in the past with rapidly dropping battery levels (once you're under 25%) to trust that last third of the charge.

Thank you for that. I set it at 30% for those same reasons. I just curious if others were pushing further and seeing what their experience was.  
2018-1-21
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

I agree with  Farnk666,  Mowog2 , I also set my Inspire for 30%. That gives you a little cushion ,  but DON"T  "ush it" ever. That is exactly what causes accidents!  Safety First! Ken.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The default setting of low battery in APP is 30%, we recommend to set properly according to the flight environment.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules