Waiving PRO System Warranty by Using Pilot Beta
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrewh5
lvl.1

Australia

Has anyone else been concerned by the Terms of Use associated with the Pilot Beta App? Specifically those associated with Section 12. Disclaimers; No Warranties.
I find the explicit type of language used in these sorts of documents a pain to interpret but in my reading, by using the pilot app (which is currently in beta) I forfeit any warranties directly from DJI (manufacturer warranty) and any other separate warranties I possess may also be affected. Noting that the potential invalidation of DJI separate warranties would be based on their specific conditions, such as having to operate the aircraft using the most up to date 'stable' release software (from DJI), in which a beta release would not count as 'stable'.

I myself own and operate a M210 which is why I'd like to use the Pilot App but am concerned about whether DJI would provide free repair/replacement were damage to occur as a direct result of the Pilot App not functioning as it's supposed to, as opposed to a pilot error incident in which I would be at fault.

Also here's Section 12 of the Terms of Use (September 16 2017) for Pilot App v0.5.0:

THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS, FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT DATA, AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE DJI ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS, FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT DATA, AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE DJI ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS, FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT DATA, OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS, FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT DATA, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE DJI ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE AND ANY MATERIALS, FLIGHT ENVIRONMENT DATA, OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR DJI HARDWARE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE) OR THIRD PARTY PROPERTY, OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
2018-1-21
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

They'd probably repair it, but I wouldn't count on it. They have a way to weasel out with that wording, kinda normal though.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules