Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android support for GS Pro
15911 22 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nuno Santos
lvl.1

Portugal

I raised this huge concern for me in other posts, but till now, I didn´t received a proper reply, or a solution.

My main activity with drones, is doing photogrammetry, so, hard dependent on mission planning app´s, like GS pro, Maps Made Easy, Drone Deploy, etc. The issue, is all these app´s are running only in iOS, so, only in iPad or even worse, iPhone. To avoid repeating the full story, here is one of the posts, that I think can explain my concern and the reason that I´m battling to have my work done:

“While the iPad is part of the tools, and a big one, it will be always a problem. Relying in a flight controller that can´t handle hot or chilly days, the full system can´t be considered professional, like DJI is advertising the flying machines for professional use, at least not for this one. The simple question is, can I plan a mission for photogrammetry using GS pro, or Drone Deploy, or Maps Made Easy, without using an iPad? I don´t think so... and again, sorry to say, but look what you wrote, "store the Pro in the fridge for a couple hours, and then put it in a cooler with ice to keep it cool on the job site”. this is not supposed to happen, am I right? When I said that the iPad crash, happened in a 7º Celsius and in a 35º Celsius. Yes, I can upload the waypoints (I was using the Drone Deploy app), but latter, once in flight, the iPad just turned off completely with that message about the cpu overloaded, or turn off the app, and the only thing I can do is push the home button in the RC and wait that the drone return and land safely, putting again the iPad inside the car with the air conditioner and hope that the next flight will be ok... and doing this continuously, flight after flight, is just insane... especially in the really big areas, like last summer, more than 24000 acres with the Inspire 2 and a 25mm lens to fly high and keeping a good resolution. Yes, is flying around 6 hours per day with 6 pack of batteries and a generator for a nonstop operation. Now, you can imagine, with so many flights, having the piece of sh... iPad crashing all the time. I need to say it again, is just unbelievable that DJI and even the 3rd-party apps keep relying in a device like iPad to do the professional work.

To finalise, you know any option to emulate the iOS in an android device (or windows) to allow me to run the app in a proper and real outdoor and rugged device, like the Panasonic.

Just hope this can change soon, and the companies involved, especially DJI will look to this huge mistake and solve the gap, and I think the first step is improving the GS Pro and make it available for android devices.

If DJI wants to compete with other options in the market for survey applications, they should look to the base stations those options use... definitely not an iPad.”

2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nuno, thanks for your input, since there are so many Android devices by different company, we will need some time to make it compatible with most of the Android devices, our engineers are working on it, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-22
Use props
TedHutcheson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276168 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 01:48
Nuno, thanks for your input, since there are so many Android devices by different company, we will need some time to make it compatible with most of the Android devices, our engineers are working on it, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your patience.

DJI Mindy,

I can understand the nature of the number of different Android devices, however, at worst can DJI get this application up so that it runs on the Crystal Sky monitor since that is a Android product you have control over and in design with?  The CS tablet is 1200$ Canadian, it seems really awful to have bought into this screen/device and not even have any flexibility at all other than DJI GO 4.  We cannot load any mapping applications onto this device at the moment, so theoretically I have a 1200$ paper weight as we've had to swap back to our iPads to have all the flexibility of the DJI copters when on site.

We're also finding that there are big issues in swapping out the CS monitor for the iPads on the fly and it's causing firmware irregularities when booting up.

Can you all PLEASE, PLEASE get this stuff sorted out.  I'm actually hoping to refund the purchase of my CS tablet since it really is simply useless.  Nice clear screen, good battery life, seems to be ok in really cold temps, but if it cannot support the applications we need to perform all our work, it simply is just a paper weight sitting on my desk.
2018-3-26
Use props
RikDingo
First Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

TedHutcheson Posted at 2018-3-26 06:11
DJI Mindy,

I can understand the nature of the number of different Android devices, however, at worst can DJI get this application up so that it runs on the Crystal Sky monitor since that is a Android product you have control over and in design with?  The CS tablet is 1200$ Canadian, it seems really awful to have bought into this screen/device and not even have any flexibility at all other than DJI GO 4.  We cannot load any mapping applications onto this device at the moment, so theoretically I have a 1200$ paper weight as we've had to swap back to our iPads to have all the flexibility of the DJI copters when on site.

AGREE ! I'm so happy with my crystalsky ultra when working in full sunlight.
BUT BUT BUT... I can't use dji gs pro... It is a shame
2018-3-27
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi is better and is supported on android...
2018-3-27
Use props
Kitzretter
New
Flight distance : 622119 ft
Germany

Yes, Crystalsky is bright and nice looking, but unfortunately thats the only only only advantage.

The installed limited DJI Go app does not provide the same functionality as the normaDJI Go App running on an iPad. There are a lot of missing settings, etc
The new maps used in DJIGo on crystalsky are ugly and low resolution.(Maybe because the chip is sooooo slow and cannot handle real google maps)
The monitor is instable, slow and on top of all that, it does not support DJI'S own software GS Pro ...
So I had to move back to iPad an Litchi.

Sorry for this negative post, but I'm soo disappointed and really hope that things will improve because
this 1000 Euro monitor turned out to be the most disapointing purchase I ever did.

2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TedHutcheson Posted at 2018-3-26 06:11
DJI Mindy,

I can understand the nature of the number of different Android devices, however, at worst can DJI get this application up so that it runs on the Crystal Sky monitor since that is a Android product you have control over and in design with?  The CS tablet is 1200$ Canadian, it seems really awful to have bought into this screen/device and not even have any flexibility at all other than DJI GO 4.  We cannot load any mapping applications onto this device at the moment, so theoretically I have a 1200$ paper weight as we've had to swap back to our iPads to have all the flexibility of the DJI copters when on site.

I'm sorry for the late response, your update was missed for unknown reason. We apologize for the unpleasant experience with CrystalSky, we understand that there are things we need to improve and we'll never stop moving forward, the APP in CrystalSky is very special, therefore, the update is much slower than the APP in mobile device, and for GS Pro, there is no Android version currently, I will transfer your frustration about our product to our engineers for attention, hope you will have a better experience with us in the future.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kitzretter Posted at 2018-4-11 23:27
Yes, Crystalsky is bright and nice looking, but unfortunately thats the only only only advantage.

The installed limited DJI Go app does not provide the same functionality as the normaDJI Go App running on an iPad. There are a lot of missing settings, etc

Your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers as well, we will keep improving our products and customers' experience.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes, I raised the issue about GS not being available on CrystalSky some months ago. I've not received any progress information from DJI. Premium hardware and more expensive - less functions.
2018-4-12
Use props
pastorjared
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249829 ft
United States

I agree.

It is disappointing that those of us who spent MORE money on the systems the DJI Recommends can't use the software that DJI Produces. I purchased the P4A+ . I love everything about it, except for the fact I can't use DJI GS PRO.

It would be nice to at least have a estimate on the completion date of the android version.
2018-4-17
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451047 ft

Strangest thing of all is that CS uses Android OS...doesn't it?
2018-5-12
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

Yes the CS displays make very nice bright electronic picture frames, but not much else.  
They are certainly not useful for DJI helicopters because DJI does not support them with software releases.  
2018-5-12
Use props
Andrew Dibbins
New
Flight distance : 39111 ft
United Kingdom

Adding my support (or demand) for an Android version of GS Pro, it's really painful to have to swap the monitor mountings between CS and Ipad, so please lets see a CS compatible version of GS Pro, please!
2018-6-26
Use props
Domenico Cimini Gianforte
New

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 01:46
Your feedback will be forwarded to our engineers as well, we will keep improving our products and customers' experience.

È ridicolo, non sudate per il troppo lavoro. Ho il ph 4pro plus 2.0 e non posso installare nulla. È ridicolo
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Domenico Cimini Gianforte Posted at 12-8 14:24
È ridicolo, non sudate per il troppo lavoro. Ho il ph 4pro plus 2.0 e non posso installare nulla. È ridicolo

Hello there, sorry for my late response, the RC of Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 can install the third-party free software, but we are unable to provide the support if there is a compatibility issue with the third-party software, if there is any problem, please re-install it or restore the RC to the factory default.
2018-12-12
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-22 01:48
Nuno, thanks for your input, since there are so many Android devices by different company, we will need some time to make it compatible with most of the Android devices, our engineers are working on it, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your patience.

Dear DJI Mindy, with all due respect, your excuse for saying that the Android release is delayed because there are so many devices is confusing, Your own device, DJI Crystal Sky should be your priority. It is a single device that you have built. Why are you not focusing on making it available there first before developing for other random Android devices? It makes no sense.

What was the purpose of developing Crystal Sky in the first place if you are not releasing your software for it? You are encouraging people to buy ipads instead as you can do more on it and has better support than on your own device
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JBSonic Posted at 12-12 05:34
Dear DJI Mindy, with all due respect, your excuse for saying that the Android release is delayed because there are so many devices is confusing, Your own device, DJI Crystal Sky should be your priority. It is a single device that you have built. Why are you not focusing on making it available there first before developing for other random Android devices? It makes no sense.

What was the purpose of developing Crystal Sky in the first place if you are not releasing your software for it? You are encouraging people to buy ipads instead as you can do more on it and has better support than on your own device

Hi JBSonic, I understand your concern, but GS Pro still doesn't have the Android version, since CrystalSky also runs the Android version, it is not available currently, our engineers are working on it, please note our website of the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-13
Use props
Drogon_306
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40390 ft

United States

It's been a while, any updates on this for android?
2020-8-13
Use props
nik1975
First Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Drogon_306 Posted at 8-13 06:17
It's been a while, any updates on this for android?

they still work have a little patience
2020-8-13
Use props
CODIZAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54193 ft

Poland

kolejne pare miesiecy mineło czy moze cos drgneło w tej sprawie

CO ZA PROBLEM JEST Z UDOSTEPNIENIEM APP KTORE DZIAŁA NA KONTROLERZE CRYSTAL NA ANDROIDZIE
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_gOTd5XVYbSbT
New

Malaysia

Hi im from future 3030. Dji still try figure how to made this to android version. Please be more patient. Just a little bit more.
2021-3-18
Use props
Anna Sara Amabile
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 01:48
Nuno, thanks for your input, since there are so many Android devices by different company, we will need some time to make it compatible with most of the Android devices, our engineers are working on it, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your patience.

Still nothing?
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_euw6HqbTgHIf
New

Cyprus

Hello
I have phantom P4 Multispectral and i want to buy ipad mini 2021, the GS Pro is available for ipad mini 2021
2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules