Certificate part 107
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Addictive Image
lvl.1
Flight distance : 719029 ft
United States

Hello. I have a question about licenses part 107. I am a certified drone pilot in Poland for 3 years. I want to go to New York to make a movie about the city. I would like to fly legally so I need a part 107 certificate. Can I get a certificate without being a citizen or a US resident?
2018-1-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/

Do one page-down
2018-1-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't think they're gonna let you fly in the big apple.  Good luck with that one.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wings Drones
lvl.1

United States

You can also fly with a US certified pilot with you or Non-U.S. citizens who want to fly for commercial purposes may do so under the Small UAS rule (Part 107) by getting a Remote Pilot Certificate (RPC) issued by the FAA. The FAA does not currently recognize any foreign Remote Pilot Certificate or equivalent because globally-recognized RPC standards have not yet been developed. To obtain an FAA-issued RPC, they must submit an application for foreign air carrier economic licensing. Application instructions are specified in 14 C.F.R. Part 375 and should be submitted by electronic mail to the Department of Transportation (DOT) Office of International Aviation, Foreign Air Carrier Licensing Division. Additional information is available at https://cms.dot.gov/policy/aviat ... g/foreign-carriers.
2018-1-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-22 06:45
Don't think they're gonna let you fly in the big apple.  Good luck with that one.

Good point.  I think it's a little easier under 107, but one would have to be wary of all the Class B airspace.  

airmap.io might help
2018-1-22
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

I am not in New York but I am willing to bet that since Trump Tower is in NYC that much of the city is a no fly zone. Check the B4UFly app to see. It may be helpful if you apply for a film permit as required by many cites for commercial film projects. This will also require that you have commercial liability insurance.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules