Constant disconnect, what is going on DJI?
1082 13 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

Hi DJI

It's been a while since my last flight, and both the GO4 app, and my Ipad mini 4 and also firmware on Spark has been updated more than once since, and everyting is updated to the latest version.

Yesterday I was flying, but got constantly disconnected within 20-40 metes and it starts RTH. Yes bluetooth was off, open fields ect ect. Also formatted the SD card, cleared cache and also reinstalled the Go4 app.

I noticed laggy video streaming, that got worse when i press the video record button. After a while I turned off video cache in the app, and the quality got better, and no more disconnections, but the video stream is still not as good as it was before all the updates. It's like the Spark and/or Ipad is truggling, as if the CPU is at 100% or something.

Dji can you confirm there is a problem?

Thanks.

2018-1-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Damn. :-( Have you tried using another wifi-channel?
2018-1-21
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-1-21 23:09
Damn. :-( Have you tried using another wifi-channel?

Yes, and with same result, actually almost all channels i 100% free of noise out there. I have been flying on the same spot before with no problems and with the wifi mode in Auto.
2018-1-21
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

jangermann Posted at 2018-1-21 23:20
Yes, and with same result, actually almost all channels i 100% free of noise out there. I have been flying on the same spot before with no problems and with the wifi mode in Auto.

Okay.

Are you able to test it with another device(phone or tablet)?
Just to be sure its not related to the mobile device youre using.
2018-1-22
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-1-22 00:08
Okay.

Are you able to test it with another device(phone or tablet)?

I am using a dedicated Ipad 4 mini, almost new, with only the GO4 app installed, it works perfect.
Yes I can try with my Galaxy S7, but then it is another environment, witch not make sense to test I think. I can test with another Ipad, but I really doubt it would make any difference.

I would like to ask DJI if there is any known issues regarding IOS and the latest apps and firmwares?

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jangermann Posted at 2018-1-21 23:20
Yes, and with same result, actually almost all channels i 100% free of noise out there. I have been flying on the same spot before with no problems and with the wifi mode in Auto.

Sir, I would recommend you avoide flying in place with interference. Please try to fly in a new environment and update your IPad to the latest system, clean up the cache files. Please keep us updated, thanks.
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-22
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 00:44
Sir, I would recommend you avoide flying in place with interference. Please try to fly in a new environment and update your IPad to the latest system, clean up the cache files. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Dear DJI Elektra, thanks for the recommendations.
In my first post, you can read that my system is fully updated regarding firmware on ipad, GO4 app and Spark.
I have cleaned cache files and formatted SD card, and reinstalled the GO4 app. I fly in the same spot witch I have done before with no problems but I have also tried at home, also with disconnects.It's just feels like if the CPU is overloaded on my ipad mini4 and it helps disable video cache.

1. Is there a known issues regarding recording cache video on IOS overloading the system and causing disconnect?

2. Is there any know issues regarding IOS, laggy video and disconnects?

2018-1-22
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

It seems that I am not alone with this issue.
2018-1-23
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

And not only the Spark!!!
2018-1-23
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I would hazard to guess, that like all software developers they are frantically working to find and correct these issues with the new versions, and like most software developers they are not going to confess to software errors. While it's bad to keep your customers in the dark, it's worse to say your product is messed up. I have faith that these issues will be corrected soon.
2018-1-23
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6115 ft
United States

Not that it's worth anything but I have also had recent issues with pikelated and laggy video and even signal loss warnings and loss of signal within very short distances lately since the last update to my Mavic pro. I also have a Spark but I haven't flown it in the last couple of weeks The other day I went to fly my Mavic and it took a long update to the drone I completed all of the updates and then went to fly where I do very often and normally can fly up to a mile away at 300 feet or so without ever having issues. That day I got bad video and signal problems at about 1000 feet away and they kept happening in all directions. Again I fly in this area all the time with no issues. A couple days later I tried again with the same result. then I went to a new location out in the country and tried again but still can't seem to get more that 1000 feet or so away without getting signal loss errors and more frustrating is the video breakup since I can't see what I am doing when that happens. Apparently I now have a Mavic Pro with less range than my Spark. I don;t fly my Spark any distance so I don;t know if it does the same thing.

I don't fly more than a mile away anyway most of the time anyway but this is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully something will get fixed because no matter what anyone says I know for a fact that something is amiss since the update.
2018-1-23
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Cameron Dasso Posted at 2018-1-23 05:06
Not that it's worth anything but I have also had recent issues with pikelated and laggy video and even signal loss warnings and loss of signal within very short distances lately since the last update to my Mavic pro. I also have a Spark but I haven't flown it in the last couple of weeks The other day I went to fly my Mavic and it took a long update to the drone I completed all of the updates and then went to fly where I do very often and normally can fly up to a mile away at 300 feet or so without ever having issues. That day I got bad video and signal problems at about 1000 feet away and they kept happening in all directions. Again I fly in this area all the time with no issues. A couple days later I tried again with the same result. then I went to a new location out in the country and tried again but still can't seem to get more that 1000 feet or so away without getting signal loss errors and more frustrating is the video breakup since I can't see what I am doing when that happens. Apparently I now have a Mavic Pro with less range than my Spark. I don;t fly my Spark any distance so I don;t know if it does the same thing.

I don't fly more than a mile away anyway most of the time anyway but this is a bit ridiculous. Hopefully something will get fixed because no matter what anyone says I know for a fact that something is amiss since the update.

Do you use IOS?
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jangermann Posted at 2018-1-22 00:56
Dear DJI Elektra, thanks for the recommendations.
In my first post, you can read that my system is fully updated regarding firmware on ipad, GO4 app and Spark.
I have cleaned cache files and formatted SD card, and reinstalled the GO4 app. I fly in the same spot witch I have done before with no problems but I have also tried at home, also with disconnects.It's just feels like if the CPU is overloaded on my ipad mini4 and it helps disable video cache.

If it is not caused by environment and devices, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis. Thanks for your support.

2018-1-26
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

So I should export if not caused by enviroment and devices? How would I know?
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules