Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android battery level
974 6 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
munchausen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Yesterday I realized something weird, maybe it's been always like this and I don't know if it has to do with my setup. I fly with Nexus5X (android 8.1), DJI GO 4.1.15 with OTG fw.900. All seems good, but after flying - everyhing disconnected, quit from app - the phone's battery is considerably down. I thought maybe the app is not very battery friendly, however when I put the phone on charger I jumps from 51% to 70% in seconds. This made me thinking, it's like the phone's battery indicator shows the RC's battery level which would have been roughly correct.
Is this already known? Do you experience similar? Is this due to OTG and/or Android?
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please try to use without OTG cable. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis.
2018-1-22
Use props
munchausen
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 00:21
Sir, please try to use without OTG cable. If the problem remains, please export the flight data and the black box for analysis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Thanks Elektra, what I described is not a problem, it is a phenomenon I noticed.
I am simply curious about the behaviour, since it would be important to know on a long hike if I can trust the phone to have more juice than it actually says it has.
2018-1-22
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

Are you flying in the cold??

The batteries in smart devices don’t function well in the cold. This is compounded by the fact that smart devices are designed to efficiently radiate unwanted heat build  up as they are two small to install a cooling fan as you would have in a laptop or desktop PC. I have the same problem with my iPad Air in that at this time of year while outside in temperatures close to freezing it will start to report a low battery, but once back in the warmth the battery will show a near full charge again.
2018-1-22
Use props
rimza
Captain
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Hi munchausen, try to calibrate the battery on the Nexus5X.  Not sure if it is android or device related but it sometimes helps by calibration to get the true android battery level.

You can also use apps like ACCUBATTERY to verify if any apps are guzzling  battery power.
2018-1-22
Use props
munchausen
Second Officer
Norway

Nidge Posted at 2018-1-22 01:37
Are you flying in the cold??

The batteries in smart devices don’t function well in the cold. This is compounded by the fact that smart devices are designed to efficiently radiate unwanted heat build  up as they are two small to install a cooling fan as you would have in a laptop or desktop PC. I have the same problem with my iPad Air in that at this time of year while outside in temperatures close to freezing it will start to report a low battery, but once back in the warmth the battery will show a near full charge again.

Indeed, I was flying in -5-10C below, good to know, thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
munchausen
Second Officer
Norway

rimza Posted at 2018-1-22 01:44
Hi munchausen, try to calibrate the battery on the Nexus5X.  Not sure if it is android or device related but it sometimes helps by calibration to get the true android battery level.

You can also use apps like ACCUBATTERY to verify if any apps are guzzling  battery power.

I'll give it a try, thanks.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules