Loss of Video Feed
621 2 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Guild
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33120 ft
United States

I'm using a Inspire 1 with an Nexus 9 Android Tablet.  I loose the video feed frequently.  Other than  the loss of the video feed, the RC operates fine.  I have tried several  things including changing out the cable, reformatting my tablet and  reloading the DJI app.  I use this tablet only for my Inspire 1 and this  tablet has only the DJI app loaded, nothing else.  I've been using my  Inspire 1 for more than 2 years and have about 100 flights.  It is only  in the last several months that I noticed the video feed dropping  out.  I was thinking that it might be a loose camera connection or maybe  the cable connection into the tablet is faulty.  I will be checking  these items.  I'm also going to be changing out my tablet for a new one  to see if this works.  When the video feed drops out it sometimes comes  back during the same flight otherwise I have to land, shut down and  restarted the RC and app.  

2018-1-22
Use props
Donnie - Apple
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

More than likely the GO APP device you are using is not powerful enough ,If you get a New go app device make sure it has a super fast processor or you will be in the same boat.

I use an Apple I pad Pro with A-9 processor with GPS and Cell.  I do understand that the I pad air with the A9 processor works well also .  You don't need the GPS and /cell function but it comes in handy as the GPS makes the "follow Mode " etc work on the system without having to get a dongle GPS and dont need to activate the cell function , it just comes with the GPS .

Read my tips page for other ideas as well such as lowering the Bit rate on video transmission or eliminating the record to  go app device feature and clearing the Cache.

good luck

donnie
https://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi John, sorry for the trouble caused, Donnie is very experienced with the drone, you may refer to his suggestion to try another mobile device with strong performance.
Besides, please check the gimbal cable and connector below to make sure they are not loose or oxydic. pin.png contact.png
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules