Upgraded TX firmware and now its bricked. Help please!!
2813 27 2015-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hey i just updated my controller of the phantom 2 vision plus usng the assistant software. It is a 5.8 GHz remote controller and after the firmware update it is showing it as a 2.4 GHz controller and i cant use it with my phantom. Can someone please help me how to fix this. I just bought it and i didnt even fly it once.!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

THanks.
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am curious as to why you tried to update the transmitter in the first place as the last firmware was released in November last year.
Anyway, just do it again, and make sure you are using the correct RC assistant found in the downloads section of your model on the DJI website.
The firmware cannot change the frequency from 5.8 to 2.4 so I don't know where you are getting that information from.
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Thats what im so shocked about too. When i clicked on update it said that firmware update failed and it downgraded my version from V1.0.2.30 to V1.0.2.66 or something like that and now it shows my transmitter as a 2.4GHz. Is there anyway to hard reset so i can install the firmware from scratch?

I tried updating because it said that there was an update available. Please help me out
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You have the transmitter with the thumbwheel on the side and the lipo batteries built in ?
Using RC assistant 1.2 ?
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes that's my transmitter. It's the one that comes with the Phantom V3.0 and yes i'm using RC assistant 1.2.
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Here's an image of the RC assistant software detecting my transmitter as a 2.4 GHz. What can i do to fix this??

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/pho ... 4076100#20724076100
2015-4-24
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I cant view the image
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Can't see pict here either!
Can you just post as a pict here?
Stupid question, are you plugged into the wifi module or the base of the RC? Should be the base of the RC!
Also, if not, uninstall and delete software completely and re download from  http://www.dji.com/support Then re navigate to your exact model and re do!
Also, check your Phantom Vision Assistant screens against these, make sure you have the right RC selected as on image 2 of the second post...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %2Bpost&lang=en
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Here's the image
Capture.JPG
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes i plugged it into the base of the RC and tried updating. Just dont understand how it will let a 5.8 GHz RC be updated to a 2.4 GHz. This is driving me mad. I couldn't even fly it once
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes i completely uninstalled the software and installed it again and i tried too but no help. In fact i installed the software on another computer and tried it as well and still no luck...
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Just out of curiosity what does selecting the version as upgraded version in the phantom assistance software have to do with updating the RC? because i cant update the RC firmware using the phantom assistant right ?
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Can you post a pict of the model number and of your RC and of your Phantom, based on your description your RC should be NPVT581 and does it have the Wifi Range Extender....
Something is not right!
Phantom 2 has a 2,4 ghz RC,
Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision Plus have the 5.8 ghz..
Check here....http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

tharindu.gamage Posted at 2015-4-24 22:59
Just out of curiosity what does selecting the version as upgraded version in the phantom assistance  ...

Just want to know if the RC is communicating properly at all with any of the software.
With the Phantom Vision Assistant which is where you do all your Phantom updates etc. you can still do the RC calibration when your RC is on and it is where you select the model of RC you have, just curious what it shows, if you have the thumb wheel, it should be selected to be upgraded version...
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes you are correct. My RC is a NPVT581. I cant take a picture because its still brand new and i dont want to remove the sticker like thing covering it. But when i move it i can see the model no and confirm with you that is in fact the correct model no. And yes it is a Phantom 2 Vision Plus Version 3.0. I attached a picture of the info page of my phantom which shows that my receiver is a 5.8 GHz. And yes it has the WIFI range extender. Do i need to connect the phantom to the computer too when updating the RC firmware ?
Capture.JPG
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

The RC doesnt communicate with the Phantom Assistant software but it does communicate with the RC system assistant and i can see the levers moving when i move the controls around on my RC.
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

tharindu.gamage Posted at 2015-4-24 23:21
The RC doesnt communicate with the Phantom Assistant software but it does communicate with the RC sy ...

O.k, when Phantom is plugged in to Phantom Vision Assistant, turn on RC and see what is selected as Basic or Upgraded, if basic is selected, change to upgraded as the RC is communicating to the app via the Phantom!...see what is selected
Otherwise, no faking clue...you may have a demonic RC or possibly a wrong chip was put in..God knows!
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

tharindu.gamage Posted at 2015-4-24 23:16
Yes you are correct. My RC is a NPVT581. I cant take a picture because its still brand new and i don ...

RC firmware is only upgraded by the RC Assistant! But basic RC settings can be changed in the Phantom Vision Assistant when the RC is on while the Phantom is hooked up to the Phantom Vision Assistant (make sure wifi module is on as well!) in both cases!!!
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

It says upgraded version when i do like you tell me. But still when i move the controls and stuff it doesnt reflect the movement inside the software assistant. Maybe because the transmitter is registered as a 2.4 GHz and also my bind button at the bottom keeps blinking red which means it doesnt detect a transmitter. I got no farking clue either man... so messed up. I dont understand how a firmware update could mess things up so bad....
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Well nothing can be wrong with the hardware because it was working fine before i carried out the update... : (
2015-4-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I would run the firmware update again on the RC using the RC assistant to see if it will correct it.
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Installer_v1.2.exe
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Done that many many times Raybro!! Stupid thing keeps detecting it as a 2.4 GHz and keeps updating it to a 2.4 GHz. Dumb transmitter doesnt know what should be correct frequency!!
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2731

This guy had the same problem as me but in reverse order. His RC was  a 2.4 GHZ and it updated his one to a 5.8 GHz and he had to send it back to get it fixed. I guess i'll have no other choice but to do that too.
2015-4-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

This sucks...Just an FYI on the binding!
Turn off everything,
Turn on Phantom
Press red button on underside till it flashes yellow
Then turn on rc and should go back to red..
Otherwise, maybe RC is fubarred as you suspect...
Do you know anyone in your area with a Phantom who may have an RC to try?
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yep that does happen when i try to bind them together. It goes from yellow to red when i on the transmitter.
2015-4-24
Use props
tharindu.gamage
lvl.1

Malaysia

Guys i finally got it fixed. I wrote to customer support and a person named Blair Tang helped me fixed by sending a customized RC assistant to fix this issue and it was fixed in less than 1 minute i must say. They always kept writing back to me and i must say regardless of what people might say DJI Customer support is awesome. I would rate it 9/10 for sure for the great help they gave me.

Thanks again DJI for the awesome help.
2015-4-28
Use props
jhizzle777
New

United States

tharindu.gamage Posted at 2015-4-28 23:43
Guys i finally got it fixed. I wrote to customer support and a person named Blair Tang helped me fixed by sending a customized RC assistant to fix this issue and it was fixed in less than 1 minute i must say. They always kept writing back to me and i must say regardless of what people might say DJI Customer support is awesome. I would rate it 9/10 for sure for the great help they gave me.

Thanks again DJI for the awesome help.

I just had the same exact issue! I haven't flown my phantom 2 V+ for awhile, so I thought it would be a good idea to update the FW before taking it out.

The next thing I know, my TX won't bind, and the stupid RC Connect software says that it's a 2.4ghz, when it's clearly a 5.8ghz.

tharindu.gamage- Do you still have the modded FW? If so, could you pass it along to me please? I did contact DJI, yet my tech rep says that he knows nothing of this issue, and he hasn't gotten back to me for days. {:4_142:}

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

J
2017-4-23
Use props
jhizzle777
New

United States

Bump! Please help!
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced