Spark replacement leaks ahead of announcement
2741 19 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/22/djis-latest-drone-leaks-ahead-of-launch/?utm_source=tcfbpage&sr_share=facebook

Looks like a folding spark with 4K and a 3-axis gimbal.
2018-1-22
Use props
Just For Fun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337779 ft
United States

Depending on price all our sparks resale value may go down quickly.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It's not a new Spark, it's Mavic Air: https://forum.dji.com/thread-129644-1-1.html
2018-1-22
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 09:01
It's not a new Spark, it's Mavic Air: https://forum.dji.com/thread-129644-1-1.html

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
2018-1-22
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

If it’s even close, I’m all in!
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Here some more details: https://dronedj.com/2018/01/22/s ... -panorama-and-more/
2018-1-22
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 09:19
Here some more details: https://dronedj.com/2018/01/22/spoiler-alert-dji-mavic-air-revealed-a-day-early-with-4k-21-minute-flight-time-panorama-and-more/

Interesting that they list 4K60 - the mavic pro only does 4K 30fps, so this means that the rumors about a mavic 2 are likely true as well, and that it will get the 1" sensor from the phantom 4 pro and also 4k60fps.   
2018-1-22
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Meh, I’ll wait for the EVO
2018-1-22
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

is that going to be made available to me at a fat discount?? - just bought a spark a month ago and they're obsoleting it like this.
2018-1-22
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

These leaks have me all exited for tomorrow. Can’t stand suspense.
2018-1-22
Use props
teknikal90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106601 ft
Canada

shouldve released before christmas...what are they thinking...
i got my spark for christmas and this looks so much better....
i bought the controller for my spark and it still sucks with range...
2018-1-22
Use props
DTL555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177313 ft
  • >>>
Bosnia and Herzegovina

teknikal90 Posted at 2018-1-22 11:06
shouldve released before christmas...what are they thinking...
i got my spark for christmas and this looks so much better....
i bought the controller for my spark and it still sucks with range...

Same thing that I do. But I don’t regret at all. This is my very first drone and I plan to enjoy it as much as I can. And then, when a very new Mavic Pro 2 became reality, that will be a logical choice.
2018-1-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-1-22 09:46
is that going to be made available to me at a fat discount?? - just bought a spark a month ago and they're obsoleting it like this.

The Mavic is always available at $900 ish for the drone itself if you needed somthing better than a Spark.  Doubt a 4k60fps capable Mavic Air will be competing with or replacing the $400 Spark.  Would be nice, though.

What is now obsolete is those Mavic Platinums.  They always looked like a placeholder to get through xmas since they are simply a new paint job, new props, and ESC's that throw motor current errors.  Now the real replacement is here and likely priced like a Mavic or higher.  
2018-1-22
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-22 11:49
The Mavic is always available at $900 ish for the drone itself if you needed somthing better than a Spark.  Doubt a 4k60fps capable Mavic Air will be competing with or replacing the $400 Spark.  Would be nice, though.

What is now obsolete is those Mavic Platinums.  They always looked like a placeholder to get through xmas since they are simply a new paint job, new props, and ESC's that throw motor current errors.  Now the real replacement is here and likely priced like a Mavic or higher.

good points all. fact is, i'm very well pleased with spark and will not regret the choice once this new ac debuts. for the $ spark is a great on-ramp the the uav world.  that said, do you really think this new model will slot in above mavic in price?
2018-1-22
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I think they are using the photo of the drone on a wood floor.  Assuming the boards are small 4 inch wide ones so the drone looks spark sized.  I think those boards are 6 or 8 inchers so the drone is slightly smaller than a Mavic Pro but still bigger than a Spark when extended.  Yes, slotted higher than the old Mavic Pro because it is rumored to have a better camera than the Mavic and smaller lighter.  You wants the Occusync link (good remote needed), dual compasses, 3 axis stabilization, you pays the price.

I can sell you a simple drone with a single compass, two axis stablized camera, 1080p, extra battery, and a simple wifi based remote for $599.  
2018-1-22
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-22 11:49

I wonder if maybe the leaked specs have just been rolled in with the rumored specs, so that the mavic air might just get 4k30 and the 3 axis gimbal and the mavic pro 2 would be getting the 4k60 camera.  

as it sits, the mavic air beats the current pro platinum on a couple of line items:  
rear obstacle avoidance
camera specs (4k60 vs. 4k30)

I think if it uses occusync it would seriously cannibalize mavic pro and pro platinum sales, unless there is a higher spec mavic 2 coming.  
2018-1-22
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

a drone is a flying camera. so I guess nothing new because this camera has been out for over a year.
edit.... apparanty this is an upgrade to the Mavic Camera??
2018-1-22
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-22 16:35
I wonder if maybe the leaked specs have just been rolled in with the rumored specs, so that the mavic air might just get 4k30 and the 3 axis gimbal and the mavic pro 2 would be getting the 4k60 camera.  

as it sits, the mavic air beats the current pro platinum on a couple of line items:  

good point!  I need to edit my last post!! lol
2018-1-22
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Mavic Air looks interesting but I have no regrets picking up the Spark yesterday.
The Mavic Air fills the void for those wanting more horsepower than the Spark but the budget will not reach the Mavic Pro.

But I do agree... DJI could have easily have called this the Spark Pro.
2018-1-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technology will always become obsolete by the next-best-thing. I will probably have to weigh pros and cons between this and the Mavic Pro Plus but I don't have any regrets about buying the Spark. That's why you get out and use it as much as you can before the next model comes out. The circle of consumer life.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules