is .dng the only image file format? NEWBIE alert.
991 4 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PascoCounty SAM
lvl.2

United States

Hello all:
Please forgive the newbie questions here.  I have a M600 Pro with the Zenmuse X5R cameral and using DJI GO.  Is there a way to change the image format from .dng (we don't use Photoshop here) to .jpg or .bmp?  If not, any ideas on how to convert image formats without Photoshop? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex W. Parnes, PSM
County Surveyor
Pasco County, Florida.
2018-1-22
Use props
PascoCounty SAM
lvl.2

United States

Please disregard the DJI Go APP collecting the proper format for images and video, I just figured that out in the APP.

But thesecond part, converting existing  .dng to .jpg without Photoshop? Any ideas?

Thank you,
Alex W. Parnes, PSM
County Surveyor
Pasco County, Florida.
2018-1-22
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

PascoCounty SAM Posted at 2018-1-22 08:53
Please disregard the DJI Go APP collecting the proper format for images and video, I just figured that out in the APP.

But thesecond part, converting existing  .dng to .jpg without Photoshop? Any ideas?

there's a few converters online that should work for you just search google until you find one that meets your needs. dont expect the image to look ideal right after the conversion.

i looked at RAW images a while back and found it too time consuming and burdensome to deal with such vasts amounts of data and post-processing versus just using jpg

it sounds like you were able to get the images saved in the proper format moving forward

2018-1-22
Use props
PascoCounty SAM
lvl.2

United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-22 11:51
there's a few converters online that should work for you just search google until you find one that meets your needs. dont expect the image to look ideal right after the conversion.

i looked at RAW images a while back and found it too time consuming and burdensome to deal with such vasts amounts of data and post-processing versus just using jpg

Yes thanks again. I believe I have it figured out.
2018-1-22
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.2

Spain

There are many (free) ways to convert raw to lossy, but I wouldn't recommend that. Raw offers all the flexibility possible. If you don't want raw, maybe you should be just shooting JPG or something to begin with.

Also, please note that app is a short for application. It's not an initialism, so no capitals needed.

Best regards.
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules