Ultrasonic sensors or infrared sensors?
4227 3 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

There is a camera facing down and just behind it two dark lenses facing down.  Are those two lenses ultrasonic sensors like cars have for backing up obsticle avoidance?  Or are they infrared like what is on the front of the drone?  They are called by both terms in the ads, articles, and manual.

Was my ultrasonic sensor error warning because the ultrasonic system detected fog water particles under it (30 ft hover in 1/4mile visabilty foggy skies)?  Or was my ultrasonic sensor warning because the sensors are really infrared sensors and my fingerprint on one lense was blocking its clear vision?

2018-1-22
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The bottom sensor is an infrared TOF sensor. Smudging up one lens wouldn't affect the sensors as one is the emitter and the other a receiver; only external particles affects the sensors (fog/clouds) The ultrasonic sensor error is due to the fact that almost all dji drones uses ultrasonic sensor, so dji was too lazy to change the warning for the spark..
2018-1-22
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Makes sense.  Lenses looked like an infrared system.  Article and advertising mentions ultrasonic sensors as part of the vision positioning system on the bottom of the drone.  No big deal but I like knowing what I am dealing with so it can be maintained.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-22 11:30
Makes sense.  Lenses looked like an infrared system.  Article and advertising mentions ultrasonic sensors as part of the vision positioning system on the bottom of the drone.  No big deal but I like knowing what I am dealing with so it can be maintained.

Sir, flying across fog and cloud will affect VPS system and have the error message. Please ensure that there is no stain on the VPS. You can read our user manual to avoid things that have a bad influence on VPS.
3D VISION SYSTEM.png
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules