FIRMWARE UPGRADES
405 1 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
millerblaine
lvl.1
United States

Okay, if this sounds a little grumpy, it is. This has happened twice now and I am of the opinion that you should change a couple of policies/practices.

The night before a shhot, I had to trash my Go App and reinstall. Okay. Check. So with a fresh piece of software, I connected to the bird. Everything seemed to be in order. Next morning, on location. Need to have a firmware update. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!!!

Where was this warning the night before?  So I wait 50 minutes for an update to download and install. All the while, the light is changing. I was lucky enough this time to be within cell range. But this has happened twice now. It's happened to others as well. It's a bit infuriating.

two suggestions:

1. Better communication.  
You should send an email a few days prior to a release announcing when firmware updates will be rolled out so as not to spring this nonsense on someone.

2. Grace period.
So yesterday I was okay to fly, but today I am grounded until the update occurs. Was my craft that reckless yesterday?  No. You should allow a grace period or a grace versioning (say one firmware version) so that you do not strand people in the field in this way. I could complete my shoot and then do the upgrade upon returning to home/office.

I like the products. I like the software. But this should not still be happening. You need some policy changes

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi millerblaine, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our software, the latest firmware of Mavic Pro was released in 2018.01.11, usually, when the APP is connected to the network, customer will get the notification of the firmware updating, but the updating is not mandatory, customers can decide if he would like to update and when to update.
We apologize if there is any trouble caused.

2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules