2694 10 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204416 ft
Switzerland

Dear all

I'm (almost) new to drone-flying, I've only gained some experience with nano-drones and a cheap Syma replicate. I then bought the DJI Spark and boy... is it a difference. I really like it, except for two issues: Sometimes I'm limited to 30m hight without apparent reason (yes I always made sure beginner mode has been toggled on and off again) Next time the weather allows, I'll try to first turn on RC, then Spark, then app. I also logged out and in again with my account on the app. I'll let you know if the problem persists.
But now, my other big problem: the annoying pop-up asking me, whether I want to update the precise fly safe database, which I can still ignore, luckily. And here, please excuse the rambling, I want to ask, how hard it can actually be, to simply update that database.
I don't even know what the latest version of the following are:
-Precise Fly Safe Database (aircraft)
-Precise Fly Safe Database (app)

-Basic Fly Database

for me, it is on version:
-Precise Fly Safe Database (aircraft) 01.00.01.07
-Precise Fly Safe Database (app) 01.00.01.07
-Basic Fly Database 01.00.01.05

Is this already the latest? and the pop up can be ignored safely because in actuallity there is NO newer version?
Anyway, this is really annoying. And the DJI Assistant 2 on Mac is a sorry excuse for an App if it's not even able to update the Basic Fly Database (provided it is stored on the aircraft?)
I would be happy if anybody can help me, or maybe, if I'm able to help any of you guys.

Best regards

2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those are the current versions so surprising it's still popping up.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, sorry for the trouble it brings. The situation is forwarded. BTW, what is the firmware of your drone? Please provide us the screenshot of the reminding and tell me the version of your app. Hope it can be solved quickly. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-22
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Switzerland

Thanks for the quick replies. I already tried once to re-install the app, but I don't know if it helped with anything, it certainly didn't stop the pop-up message.
Here are the current firmware versions of my system.

Thanks for your help
2018-1-23
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Switzerland

Sparkinator Posted at 2018-1-23 00:54
Thanks for the quick replies. I already tried once to re-install the app, but I don't know if it helped with anything, it certainly didn't stop the pop-up message. [view_image]
Here are the current firmware versions of my system. [view_image]

Aaaand? do you have any idea? will there be a new database soon? if yes I wont care about resetting everything to factory settings. if it will be a long time I might be tempted to try
2018-1-25
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

I had the same Fly Safe database problem with Android 7.0 phone when I went to 4.2.22 (still no solution). When I use IPad mini 2 - no problem. I haven't tried the latest 4.2.4.
2018-1-25
Use props
fansc771634c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
Singapore

I had the same issue for my spark which was on latest version for aircraft , RC and DJI go 4 app with the same screenshot shared by sparkinator and i am using Sony Z2 android phone.
I contacted the support they asked me to do DJI factory reset and refresh the firmware using DJI assistant, but didn't helped .Lastly what i did i manually pressed the  (check for updates) for Aircraft , Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft), Precise Fly Safe Database (App) and Basic Fly Safe Database and it gave me the feed back of latest firmware for querying the aircraft and Currently the latest version response for all the database query . this was done with aircraft , RC and my phone connected and its been week i haven't got the popup of Precise Fly Safe Database Update. hope this helps.
2018-1-26
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Switzerland

fansc771634c Posted at 2018-1-26 01:39
I had the same issue for my spark which was on latest version for aircraft , RC and DJI go 4 app with the same screenshot shared by sparkinator and i am using Sony Z2 android phone.
I contacted the support they asked me to do DJI factory reset and refresh the firmware using DJI assistant, but didn't helped .Lastly what i did i manually pressed the  (check for updates) for Aircraft , Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft), Precise Fly Safe Database (App) and Basic Fly Safe Database and it gave me the feed back of latest firmware for querying the aircraft and Currently the latest version response for all the database query . this was done with aircraft , RC and my phone connected and its been week i haven't got the popup of Precise Fly Safe Database Update. hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! I will try that and let you know if it worked
2018-1-26
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Switzerland

Sparkinator Posted at 2018-1-26 02:39
Thanks a lot! I will try that and let you know if it worked

There has been an update! Now everything works fine, no restrictions on distance, although I made sure that the app was off when restarting the aircraft with the new battery and remote. No longer do I get the pop-up. Thanks DJI, you made my day
2018-1-26
Use props
djisharpshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17365 ft
India

Thank you for the reply the reason behind asking a otg support to have minimal transmission/connectivity loss of phone to RC where as Dji has give given otg support to IOS users in 4.2.4 version and not for Android users.Dji has always given more preference to IOS user then android user. I hope dji bring out a stable app with otg support soon.i am hoping dji support team answer then questions related to otg support and time-frame to when the app with otg support will be available for spark
2018-2-5
Use props
user740dacf6e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145581 ft
Italy

I do not do any more update becouse i ‘m worry to have a problem of wobble  for 8 mounth.
Finally solved with the new firmaware that came out after 8 mounth
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules