Travelling to China (Shanghai and Hong Kong) Should I bring drone ?
5315 19 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Guys

Travelling to China in a few weeks.  Shanghai and Hong Kong.

Just wondering if it's worth bringing my drone ?  Not sure what the rules are there, are there signficant restrictions or just the standard ones. (don't fly too high, not over people, not over roads, not near airports...etc)

Think I read or heard somethinga about drones in China and being considered spying..etc.  But not sure if that was just scaremongering with no basis on fact.

I think our admins are in China ?  Can you advise ?

Thanks.

2018-1-22
Use props
Kuba_Vlk_CZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230614 ft
Czechia

Hey Cookster,
2018-1-22
Use props
Kuba_Vlk_CZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230614 ft
Czechia

Hey Cookster, you can download the apps for mobile Hover or Drone Buddy. Then you can check this google website https://www.google.com/maps/d/vi ... .08946099999991&z=1 or GEO Zones in DJi GO 4 app.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cookster, you can fly your spark in China, except for NFZ. Please enter our website and check the NFZ of your destination: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map . I would recommend you learn about the regulation of airline. Some airline will not allow passengers to take batteries. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-22
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 23:07
Cookster, you can fly your spark in China, except for NFZ. Please enter our website and check the NFZ of your destination: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map . I would recommend you learn about the regulation of airline. Some airline will not allow passengers to take batteries. Thanks for your support.

Thanks Electra.  I have studied up on the Airline rules.  IT seems most will allow it, but drones should be in check in baggage, but the batteries must be carry on and protected.   My concern is more around fling around Shanghai.  (And if there are many places to fly anyway given i’ll Be working somewhere in the city presumably)
2018-1-22
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 23:07

Thanks Electra.  I have studied up on the Airline rules.  IT seems most will allow it, but drones should be in check in baggage, but the batteries must be carry on and protected.   My concern is more around fling around Shanghai.  (And if there are many places to fly anyway given i’ll Be working somewhere in the city presumably)
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great post as I'm also interested in the flight regs in China too. Good info here.
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Don't forget your drone!
And the DJI-NFZ are working very well, in China.
Get yourself a simcard with phone ability on Shanghai airport, you need it to register your drone in CHINA, and to get the code for the DJI Go4 app
Hongkong is, afaik, even easier, no registration and less NFZ!

Bookmark this page

https://uas.caac.gov.cn/login

edit:
http://www.caac.gov.cn/en/XWZX/201705/t20170524_44222.html
2018-1-23
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-23 06:27
Don't forget your drone!
And the DJI-NFZ are working very well, in China.
Get yourself a simcard with phone ability on Shanghai airport, you need it to register your drone in CHINA, and to get the code for the DJI Go4 app

Thanks.  I was not aware you need to register.  This probably makes it a bit too much trouble for me to be honest.

Very good to know though.  Thanks for responding.
2018-1-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

flown in Beijing and Shenzhen many times , wasn't aware I needed to register
2018-1-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2018-1-23 13:01
flown in Beijing and Shenzhen many times , wasn't aware I needed to register

So you did not use the DJI GO4 app, right?
And you flown IN Bejing?
Inside the 5 traffic ring, also?
Lucky you, that no one caught you.

To register is a online process, I did it with staff from the tour counter in my hotel.
And Hongkong seems to be register free, last time I checked.
2018-1-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-23 16:08
So you did not use the DJI GO4 app, right?
And you flown IN Bejing?
Inside the 5 traffic ring, also?

Yes I was on Android so using a lesser version of DJI go app.
I won’t answer you about the 5th ring road in Beijing , you are trolling to see if I flew near the airport

The DJI store in Shenzhen isn’t an issue to fly there , the store flys there birds there in FCC mode.
2018-1-23
Use props
dng2018m
New
Malaysia

Hi everyone,

Am travelling to China next week for few days, if I put my SPARK and batteries in the check in luggage will it be ceased by customs in China?  I need to transit from Shanghai to Shenyang. Is there any prior registration or permits required?

Thanks & Rgds,
David
2018-1-29
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I believe batteries need to go on as Carry on luggage and properly secured.   Drones typically go in check in luggage.    Check the airlines rules on dangerous goods and batteries
2018-1-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i normally carry the spark in the cabin without battery in my rucksack.

no issues so far at Hong Kong, Beijing, Shenyang or Shanghai.
2018-1-29
Use props
dng2018m
New
Malaysia

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-29 12:53
I believe batteries need to go on as Carry on luggage and properly secured.   Drones typically go in check in luggage.    Check the airlines rules on dangerous goods and batteries

Thanks for the info, much appreciate...
2018-1-29
Use props
dng2018m
New
Malaysia

m1n1s Posted at 2018-1-29 13:07
i normally carry the spark in the cabin without battery in my rucksack.

no issues so far at Hong Kong, Beijing, Shenyang or Shanghai.

Thanks for the info update.
2018-1-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dng2018m Posted at 2018-1-29 16:32
Thanks for the info update.

have also carried everything in the cabin in a peli case , four batteries included , no issues from HK.

from personal experience the more south in China the less trouble with customs
2018-1-30
Use props
Brandy257
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I just spent 4 hours to help a Mexican friend to register her drone when she travels to China, during which I realized how hard it is for foreigners to do so if (normally) they can’t read Chinese and don’t have a Mainland Chinese mobile number. Especially the registration system has many bugs and you definitely will waste a lot of time reading Q&As as I did.   Therefore I am glad to offer the service at 19.99 USD per drone: Contact email:  BRANDYWANG@OUTLOOK.COM
2019-4-16
Use props
Brandy257
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I just spent 4 hours to help a Mexican friend to register her drone when she travels to China, during which I realized how hard it is for foreigners to do so if (normally) they can’t read Chinese and don’t have a Mainland Chinese mobile number. Especially the registration system has many bugs and you definitely will waste a lot of time reading Q&As as I did.  
Therefore I am glad to offer the service at 19.99 USD per drone:
Contact email:  BRANDYWANG@OUTLOOK.COM
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules