563 11 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66877 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I set up the fn on my RC controller button so I could toggle to maps but as a Rookie I cannot find an answer to advise his I get the maps ! I’ve read all sorts from compatibility with iOS to WiFi / 4g

I’m a bit stuck as need the map function and it’s prompts to check on maps - but I have no maps to check on ! Thanks
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you just unboxed the drone? Head outside with the drone and wait for GPS connection to set the home point. Maps should appear then.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please provide us a screenshot of your DJI GO 4. Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks a lot.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-22 16:03
Have you just unboxed the drone? Head outside with the drone and wait for GPS connection to set the home point. Maps should appear then.

Hi
Thanks for your quick response - I have tried that but it has not worked.  

I have read that you may need to download the maps  - but no option for that on the app (iOS v11.2.2)  - not sure if that is just an Android function.  

I do not even get the map box on the display.

Any other thoughts?

Many thanks
2018-1-23
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-22 19:39
Sir, please provide us a screenshot of your DJI GO 4. Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your drone. Thanks a lot.

Hi

I will check tonight and come back to you.  Many thanks
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, no need to download the maps. Put cellular on when outside - best to post a screenshot as Electra states and seems a bit odd.
2018-1-23
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks  - will try that tonight and get all the info.  
2018-1-23
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

I've had this same problem. Its best practice to put your phone/device into Airplane Mode when flying but that means it doesn't have 3G/4G connection to the internet to download the maps. The advice i received was to leave the 3G/4G connection open before you take off then click on the maps to bring them up/make it download. Zoom out to get as much map as you need then switch to Airplane Mode to fly.

Its a bit of a ballache and annoying that IOS is supposedly DJI's favoured platform when Android users can pre-download maps of entire countries to use when the phone/device is offline. It also means that if you're somewhere that doesn't have 3G/4G i.e. somewhere remote (you know, like where you're actually supposed to be flying!) you can't get the maps.
2018-1-23
Use props
fansccf8379b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've managed to get the maps function  now - not sure why it was playing up but could well have been the 4G connection.    Its sometimes reassuring to know other people have the challenges too !

Just additionally  - has anyone had any good / bad experiences using the' OTG' cable (between the RC and phone ) ? I've heard mixed reviews?

Thanks y'all
2018-1-25
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Until the last update i got limited range (100m) if i connected with the OTG cable (Iphone 6), but following the last update it appears to connect with full range and displaying all the vital info for the drone
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansccf8379b Posted at 2018-1-25 01:16
I've managed to get the maps function  now - not sure why it was playing up but could well have been the 4G connection.    Its sometimes reassuring to know other people have the challenges too !

Just additionally  - has anyone had any good / bad experiences using the' OTG' cable (between the RC and phone ) ? I've heard mixed reviews?

Glad it solves. Thanks for your update.
2018-1-26
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Use the phone mate
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now