Crash, replace Yaw Motor..and strange issue
1230 21 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236440 ft
United States

so flying drone inside to out, goes out I lose connectivity.. it keeps going and crashes..not sure why the collision
avoidance didnt save it.. but oh well..

so the yaw motor ribon was wripped.. replace it and put it all back together.. Now.. when
I bring up.. it spins all around and does its thing.. but now the yaw motor keeps on
spinning the camera all the way right.. tried to calibrate the camera and the drone but
to no avail. Read up on it and people said that usually does it.. or just forcing the
camera all the way to the opposite side and that makes it take a clue.. nothing
has made my camera point straight... any ideas ??

thanks !!!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Kevin, I'm sorry to read the crash. It is not recommended to repair the drone at your end which may void the warranty. I'd suggest to start a case and send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-23
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 02:00
Hey Kevin, I'm sorry to read the crash. It is not recommended to repair the drone at your end which may void the warranty. I'd suggest to start a case and send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

I figured since I crashed it , it would would not be covered by the warranty
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-1-23 04:39
I figured since I crashed it , it would would not be covered by the warranty

If the drone is in warranty period, data analysis is recommended if you think it's not pilot error. We will offer you a proper solution according to the analysis result.
2018-1-25
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 02:34
If the drone is in warranty period, data analysis is recommended if you think it's not pilot error. We will offer you a proper solution according to the analysis result.

so I purchased my drone in July.. and looks like the coverage on the gimbal is 6 months.. this is the
sixth month if you go by months.. but if you use the day of purchase I might be out of warranty

so how do I know if I'm still under warranty.. you go by the date of purchase or month ?
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-1-25 05:14
so I purchased my drone in July.. and looks like the coverage on the gimbal is 6 months.. this is the
sixth month if you go by months.. but if you use the day of purchase I might be out of warranty

Please refer my above message and send it in at your earliest convenience. The local team will take care of it once arrived.
2018-1-30
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-30 18:30
Please refer my above message and send it in at your earliest convenience. The local team will take care of it once arrived.

Susan can you look into my claim-CAS-1441252-Q1T8D0.
1. my warranty might be up by like days, so I would hope DJI can still fix it under that
2. all the parts listed for repair seem odd, the one motor was not acting correct.. and I did replace that, so that motor should be fine and I can see maybe the control board. Why am I being charged for various covers for everything and extra motors.. I dont mind paying for things that need to be replaced, but seems to be too many things that need to be replaced that should be fine.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-7 10:16
Susan can you look into my claim-CAS-1441252-Q1T8D0.
1. my warranty might be up by like days, so I would hope DJI can still fix it under that
2. all the parts listed for repair seem odd, the one motor was not acting correct.. and I did replace that, so that motor should be fine and I can see maybe the control board. Why am I being charged for various covers for everything and extra motors.. I dont mind paying for things that need to be replaced, but seems to be too many things that need to be replaced that should be fine.

Kevin, the designated team did a full damage assessment of the unit so that the performance can be ensured, including the potential issues. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-9
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-9 04:04
Kevin, the designated team did a full damage assessment of the unit so that the performance can be ensured, including the potential issues. Thanks for your understanding.

to me it seems as if you are just adding up charges. The one motor you are saying is bad was totally replaced so I know it cant be bad.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-9 04:35
to me it seems as if you are just adding up charges. The one motor you are saying is bad was totally replaced so I know it cant be bad.

I will forward your concern to the local team. But we are not able to ensure the performance of the parts that you repaired/replaced by yourself. So when we received the drone, our engineers will do an overall check and make the assessment. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 22:17
I will forward your concern to the local team. But we are not able to ensure the performance of the parts that you repaired/replaced by yourself. So when we received the drone, our engineers will do an overall check and make the assessment. Thank you.

so I got my drone back... so I assume this is a new drone.. can I now get on the DJI care program ? Since you know Im starting the program with a up to snuff drone in working order... ??

thoughts ?
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-20 14:17
so I got my drone back... so I assume this is a new drone.. can I now get on the DJI care program ? Since you know Im starting the program with a up to snuff drone in working order... ??

thoughts ?

Kevin, if you did not buy care before, please enter the link and follow the instruction: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload Thanks for your support.
2018-2-20
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-20 22:13
Kevin, if you did not buy care before, please enter the link and follow the instruction: https://repair.dji.com/en/djiCare/CustomerUpLoad Thanks for your support.

that link good..? I get 404 error but its in chinese language
2018-2-21
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-21 04:58
that link good..? I get 404 error but its in chinese language

Googled for this one, which works.. but its the same.. strange that your link gets the 404 for me

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2018-2-21
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

so I made my video.. and I attempted to fill out that page and send it in.. but when I hit submit it gives me 404 error in chinese..

but then I did get email from DJI.. so no clue if it took it or not..
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-21 15:54
so I made my video.. and I attempted to fill out that page and send it in.. but when I hit submit it gives me 404 error in chinese..

but then I did get email from DJI.. so no clue if it took it or not..

It sounds strange, I'll double check at our end. Please kindly send the video to djicare@dji.com, the DJI Care Team will take care of it, thanks!
2018-2-21
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

the video is huge.. there is no way I can send it via email
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-22 04:24
the video is huge.. there is no way I can send it via email

Have you uploaded the video to YouTube? If yes, you can state your situation and send the link to them, thank you so much.
2018-2-22
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

I did.. do I just open new ticket and explain it ?
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-22 05:38
I did.. do I just open new ticket and explain it ?

Kevin, sorry for the late response. Have you sent the emails? Is there any ticket number? I'd like to check the exact status.
2018-2-25
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-25 01:14
Kevin, sorry for the late response. Have you sent the emails? Is there any ticket number? I'd like to check the exact status.

I got an email back that they looked at the video and it was ok to sign up
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kevin_kss Posted at 2018-2-25 15:33
I got an email back that they looked at the video and it was ok to sign up

It's good to know, please let us know if there is any further problem, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules