My last jump off the cliff ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yep, I did it! Jumped head first and purchased M200 with Cendence ... Almost suicidal move, I must confess. I was informed loud and clear that any further purchases toward my addiction (hobby) will render drastic change of my maritial status. Oh well, will see ...

But, boy-o-boy, what a marvel is this! I was considering M200 for quite some time, expecting nothing less but stellar performance as a heavy duty, rugged camera carrier. And - since I already own a venerable Inspire 1 Pro, I was looking for an aircraft significantly different in performance, features and look. And indeed, she is ... An apex in my over 25 years lasting fascination by RC machines and photography ... As for 70 years old fart, there's not much more space to explore, realistically speaking.

Nice and competent people at Multirotor Heli in Calgary unboxed my bird and performed all necessary updates and setups with Cendence and CrystalSky monitor. Finally we did test flying on a farmfield nearby, all without a single problem. In 25 km/hr freezing wind Matrice 200 hovered rock solid, making 8's gracefully and smoothly with no apparent effort. So far so good!

It will take a while to go thru all other settings and available options before more challenging test flying, but I'll post my first impressions here soon.
2018-1-22
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

When I read the headline for your post I had to chuckle. I have two Inspire 2s, a M210 RTK, an S1000 (that I no longer fly), and an Aeronavics Skyjib - and I'm just a hobbyist of about 4 years now.  I spend hours reading about the seemingly endless technical problems and glitches in these sophisticated DJI products and I tell myself I need to stop buying - but darn, these things fascinate me.  When I bought the M210 RTK I told myself, "THIS IS THE LAST TIME," but I doubt it's true.  Crap...  There must be some kind of therapy out there for this.
2019-2-19
Use props
Wipeout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334275 ft
United States

I recently picked one up myself and have found it to be quite the machine as well. It completes my line of Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, and the new big dad M210
2019-2-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DS924 Posted at 2-19 18:50
When I read the headline for your post I had to chuckle. I have two Inspire 2s, a M210 RTK, an S1000 (that I no longer fly), and an Aeronavics Skyjib - and I'm just a hobbyist of about 4 years now.  I spend hours reading about the seemingly endless technical problems and glitches in these sophisticated DJI products and I tell myself I need to stop buying - but darn, these things fascinate me.  When I bought the M210 RTK I told myself, "THIS IS THE LAST TIME," but I doubt it's true.  Crap...  There must be some kind of therapy out there for this.

Well, it's been a while since this post ... My initial enthusiasm quickly vanished after discovering chronic  compass issue, resulting in loss of GPS lock. Luckily this was fixed later by firmware tweak. TB50 batteries, initially developed for lighter Inspire 2, also seem to be slightly undersized for aircraft of this mass. Firmware is still in the process of tweaking to eradicate power management problems, but - in general - M200 series is delivering what was promised. It's a pure, adrenaline pumping pleasure to fly this mighty machine.  
2019-2-20
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

And now, the M200 V2 Series comes along to "replace" it...
2019-2-21
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

patiam Posted at 2-21 13:45

Well, I won't be buying another one. i don't care what they've done to it.
2019-2-22
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
United States

patiam Posted at 2-21 13:45

Well, I won't be buying another one.  It seems like they just keep adding a little thing here, another thing there, rather than offer modular improvements to the very expensive items that we've already bought.  I've hit my limit.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules