Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go 4 asking to register my new spark every time
3532 10 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Anybody else having this issue?

My Spark is about 7 months old but in the last week or so everytime I try to "enter  device" from the DJI Go main screen I am asked "Please choose your next step." with the options 'activate the aircraft' , 'connect to the aircraft's wifi' or 'enter camera view'

I get this both on my iPhone and on an android device.   In the past it would let me go straight to the flight screen even if the drone was not connected.  Something has changed. It appears that if I have the spark powered up an the Remote powered up BEFORE i connect the phones Wifi then it does not give me that annoying screen. But, if I try powering up the remote, connecting my phone and starting DJI Go 4 before powering up the spark I get stuck with this 'activate the aircraft' message.  I usually do just that (start the remote, connect wifi, start DJI go) before starting the spark to conserve a tiny bit of battery before flight.   
Is there something that I am doing wrong now????

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Louis, I think it is abnormal to continue to get the message of  'activate the aircraft'. Please tell me the firmware of your spark and the version of your app. The screenshot of the message is needed. Thanks for your support.  
2018-1-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
United States

On which versions of the GO4 apps are you?
And which firmware?
I have the idea that DJI is trying to sneak (more and more) trouble into the App, in case we are not updating to the latest versions of firmware or GO4.
Since the App is calling home every time we start it or making it "difficult" to use it, if we not let it.
Maybe I am wrong, but some things I read about and which I did experience lately seems to point that way.
Instead of compulsory updates, perhaps?
2018-1-22
Use props
idbl_fanatic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

I always do Spark, Remote, then DJI Go, and have never had this issue, I know that if I go into the DJI go app without it connected to anything, I will get those 3 prompts
2018-1-23
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Starting the AC just after starting the RC is better for warming up before take off.

2018-1-23
Use props
LouisP
Captain
United States

Go4 is version 4.1.22    Spark is up to date with the latest firmware.
Below is the screenshot.
I guess it is not a big deal, but previously whenever I went into "Enter device" it would just take me to the flight screen saying that the spark was disconnected.  Now I get this screen and I don't know what changed.

2018-1-23
Use props
idbl_fanatic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Try uninstalling the app, delete the DJI folder using file manager, and then re-install
2018-1-23
Use props
fmalvik
New

Did you find any solution to this issue? I have the same thing now.
2018-6-26
Use props
LouisP
Captain
United States

fmalvik Posted at 2018-6-26 03:56

Mine still does it sometimes... I think it is when you start the app before the spark is connected to the RC..  In any case.. just click the bottom option 'enter camera view' and all is fine.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, please ensure that the remote controller and aircraft are connected first then after that connect your phone to your RC via Wi-Fi and launch the DJI Go 4 app, please ensure that you're not using data connection when you're connected to your RC.
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
First Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

If you click "Enter Device" before Spark connects to RC you will see this page.
Wait until Spark connects (green light on RC) and you will see that "Enter Device" will change into "Go Fly".
Click "Go Fly" and you are ready to fly.
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules