702 3 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had a look at GS Pro. Is it possible to fly to a pre recorded Waypoint, reposition the gimbal and save the new settings. Then do this for each Waypoint in turn? This seems to be the only way to frame shots correctly but I can’t see how this can be done in the manual.
2018-1-23
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

It is possible, provided you have a gimbal supported with the SDK. However, I don't know if GS Pro has added this functionality, it is accessible in a 3rd party flight planning software we use called UgCS
2018-1-23
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm thinking of my Inspire 2 X5S. I would like to be able to set the rotation and pitch of the gimbal for each waypoint, then have smooth transitions along a curved path. I don't think this is possible with GSPro. However, if I could fly to each pre-recorded waypoint, reset and save the pitch of the gimbal it would be helpful. I think I will have to control the camera's direction with the yaw of the aircraft, rather then the gimbal yaw. Is all this correct?
2018-1-23
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2018-1-23 06:36
I'm thinking of my Inspire 2 X5S. I would like to be able to set the rotation and pitch of the gimbal for each waypoint, then have smooth transitions along a curved path. I don't think this is possible with GSPro. However, if I could fly to each pre-recorded waypoint, reset and save the pitch of the gimbal it would be helpful. I think I will have to control the camera's direction with the yaw of the aircraft, rather then the gimbal yaw. Is all this correct?

Theoretically you can control all of it with gimbal commands, all 3 axis are available. Besides that your second method sounds correct

2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules