Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark with the OTG Cable
5381 9 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris-King
Flight distance : 6562 ft

As a newcomer to the DJI Spark, I recently got the DJI FPV googles as I understand they work with the Spark, however further investigation revealed that the OTG cable was problematic/didnt function with Iphone devices.
I have solved my problem, using the more expensive Lightning to AV connection (at £49) which mirrors the Iphone/Ipad display in the Goggles, and I have myself tested this and it works fine.

For reference though I did email DJI Support and they have reported as follows:  This reply from 23rd January 2018.
"We understand your inquiry about the usage of OTG cable for your DJI  SPark, rest assured that we will do our best to clear this out for you.
As  of the moment, usage of OTG cable is NOT supported by DJI Spark. It was  removed by using a firmware update as there seems to be a lot of issues  with this connection and it's now on the process of being tested for  compatibility and should be included on the future updates that will be  released for DJI Spark."

If you do have the DJI FPV goggles, my suggestion would be to use the Lightning to AV (HDMI) cable, whilst at present this retails at nearly £50 (GBP), it not only offers DUAL video display on both the iPhone/iPad, but works 100%.

To this, use the following steps:
1. Power on the RC
2. Power on the Drone.
3. Establish the Wifi link via your iPad/Iphone until this is connected and activate the Flight button to get the display to change to the drones camera view.
4. Connect the micro usb on the HDMI cable supplied with the DJI FPV Goggles to the micro HDMI socket on the Goggles, then plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the Apple Lightning HDMI adapator.
5. It should work fine and has been tested 100%, there is no need to pair or link as your iPhone/iPad will just mirror the video direct to the DJI FPV Goggles.

2018-1-23
Use props
fans298f2362
lvl.3
Flight distance : 981273 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

Strange cause this was what I got from them
“Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our product did not meet your expectation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Regretfully, there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time, we appreciate your suggestions that will help us improve our products. We urge you to constantly visit our link - www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.

We thank you for your understanding.”
2018-1-23
Use props
Chris-King

fans298f2362 Posted at 2018-1-23 06:36
Strange cause this was what I got from them
“Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our product did not meet your expectation. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

The problem is of course (as always) is Apple to some degree, they don't like other "non-apple" products interfacing with their products, so after discussions with a "knowledgeable" person at PC World, he is of the opinion (and I can believe this) that they want to "limit" blue-tooth to only connect to "Apple Headphones" and the fact they removed the Headphone jack and moved it to an adaptor is also a move by them to make it more streamlined for just their accessories.  The PC world guy, says it wont be so easy to remove the Lightning to AV adapter functionality as it is "hardware conversion" on the adapter, all they might do is stop selling the adapter. But the method I have outlined above works 100% and another forum I saw this on, gives full pics and details instructions. which is how I came to know and test it, otherwise I would have a set of Goggles I cant use on my spark which would be a waste of money, so I am very grateful for that thread!
2018-1-23
Use props
Chris-King

I replied back to DJI's answer on the OTG cable and got this reply:
"As of the moment, there is no definite time on when would be the firmware that would let us use OTG cable for DJI Spark would be released."

I have just replied to this to check it WILL be supported in future firmware updates.
2018-1-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It has nothing to do with the firmware, it's purely related to GO 4. On the latest firmware together with GO 4 4.1.15 OTG is working perfectly. There are many threads about this in the forum.
2018-1-24
Use props
Chris-King

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-24 03:24
It has nothing to do with the firmware, it's purely related to GO 4. On the latest firmware together with GO 4 4.1.15 OTG is working perfectly. There are many threads about this in the forum.

Thanks.. I wonder why then they are telling me (and others) that it is firmware related ?
2018-1-24
Use props
H4cK3R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26821 ft
Georgia

works but battarey and signal not control only show N/A and i think not woking utg cable for spark
2018-1-24
Use props
H4cK3R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26821 ft
Georgia

sorry my pc bricked pls delate post
2018-1-24
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Chris-King Posted at 2018-1-24 03:42
Thanks.. I wonder why then they are telling me (and others) that it is firmware related ?

Maybe it's easier for them this way, no idea. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter because the result is the same. For the time being OTG is not officially supported but hopefully will in the near future.
2018-1-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Chris-King Posted at 2018-1-24 03:42

See it this way: Firmware, app, who cares ;-)
But the important part:
The data ARE recorded in the flight logs.
You get max height voice messages and all the other stuff, only the APP isn't showing the flight partameter on the display.
How would the firmware be able to do so?
It is the try (my p.o.v.) of DJI, to stop people from using the cable.
But you can fly with it. If you fly in LOS there is almost no problem to expect.
Only have the volume on loud, to get the info/alerts and return early.
The RC is doing its Job, the bird sends the parameter to the RC, the App, if not chrashed, puts 'em in the flight logs.
Or you switch back to an older version, .15, and wait IF there will be an actual android version for OTG use ever again!
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules