Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to add a suggestion for the next Firmware with the DJI Go App
1112 4 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cruicer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15764 ft
United States

I had a situation over the weekend where I was flying in a wooded area...now granted this was all human error it was totally my fault.  I launched my spark from an open area, was walking down a trail behind the Spark for a bit, didn't notice that my battery was getting low.  The aircraft started a RTH, just about the same time I got text message on my phone (I use a controller BTW).  So as I went to hit the cancel on the RTH, I accidently hit the text message, which opened up the texting screen, switching away from my GO4 app.  The aircraft started it's climb to the RTH altitude, hit the trees overhead, fell, regained it's composure and once again started it's climb, hit the trees a second time and fell upside down this time.  Thankfully the only damage done was two broken props.

My request or suggestion would be to allow one of the customization buttons to be able to be programed as a RTH cancel button this way we don't have to rely on the touch screen of a phone.  Or if we were to hit the RTH button on the controller like twice or something to cancel it.

Is there a place to submit this as a possible feature in the next firmware release?
2018-1-23
Use props
NelsonR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121772 ft
Portugal

If you press the Pause button on the controller it will cancel the RTH.
No need to program another button.
2018-1-23
Use props
NelsonR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121772 ft
Portugal

double posted (deleted)
2018-1-23
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
First Officer
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

You're not the first, and you won't be the last person who experiences the terror as you realise what's about to go down (or up, then down).  I've been there myself.
Extremely handy to know that pause cancels the action, I clearly missed that when I read the manual (or I did read it and forgot immediately afterwards).  The weather is attrocious here today, so I'll spend any spare time I have going over the manual again as a refresher and to pick up on parts I may not have digested.  

This is the DJI guide.  It does mention that you can cancel the Failsafe RTH (when signal is lost), however it doesn't explain how to do this:

DJI RTH Guide

2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's lucky that the drone did not suffer too much damage. You can press the RTH button shortly or the pause button to cancel the RTH in the next time.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules