Pass, I'll keep my Mavic Pro
2018-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

will stick with my Mavic, more flight time and seems more solid. this should have been called the Spark Air or Spark 2
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-1-23 07:24
will stick with my Mavic, more flight time and seems more solid. this should have been called the Spark Air or Spark 2

Totally agree , a misleading name and not the upgrade to the Mavic many were expecting.
2018-1-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-23 07:26
Totally agree , a misleading name and not the upgrade to the Mavic many were expecting.

Agreed totally. Spark Pro sounds better
2018-1-23
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

To me was interesting only if the Mavic remote is compatible. Then the range should also be acceptable and you do not have to buy the whole package every time. I already have the Spark, Mavic Air is not for me ... my Mavic Pro is still the best...
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DaMa Posted at 2018-1-23 07:32
To me was interesting only if the Mavic remote is compatible. Then the range should also be acceptable and you do not have to buy the whole package every time. I already have the Spark, Mavic Air is not for me ... my Mavic Pro is still the best...

Some good points made here.
2018-1-23
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

The Mavic Air, a Spark with a Mavic Pro camera.
2018-1-23
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool techie features with some great strides in algorithms that will lead us to an amazing drone that us real DRONIE pukes will mortgage the house for.
THIS AIN'T IT
2018-1-23
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There's something missing. Not yet in the app ...will the Go 5 come?
2018-1-23
Use props
Hufser
lvl.1
Norway

Will not buy the Air. My Mavic Pro has a better controller, can fly longer distances and stay in the air longer.

According to this review the Pro also quietter, a big plus for me. (Just by 4-5% but when it comes to decibel, that's a lot. 60-dB will sound twice as loud as  50-dB. Yet that 10-dB difference represents a tenfold increase in intensity.  70-dB will sound about four times as loud as the 50-dB, but in terms of acoustic intensity, the sound is 100 times as powerful).

And there's the "wifi thing" with the Air. Some reviewers have some problems/glitches with the wifi control on the Air.
2018-1-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I will pass on the MPA, waiting for the Specs and Reviews on this Autel EVO before I purchase another drone, I like the rugged look of the gimbal, so far it looks like it has all features of the MP plus some, especially like the customer service, I have a friend that has the X Star Premium and their CS is great according to him.
2018-1-23
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

The big question in my mind is does the Mavic Air have the same "warm spot" issue in the centre of the image like the Mavic Pro does?
2018-1-23
Use props
JxckSweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-23 07:26

Yeah DJI does not keep their products line simple and it is unpredictable and annoying basically screwing over any spark owners now
2018-1-23
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

I think I will wait a few months and see if there are any software problems.
2018-1-23
Use props
johnnybflyguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 533681 ft
United Kingdom

I think some Spark owners will upgrade to the Mavic Air but I can't see many Mavic Pro owners taking the plunge. There will also be some completely new buyers.
2018-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, I would buy it IF it was my first drone or I only had a Spark. No, I will not be selling my MPP for it!
2018-1-23
Use props
donnyb
New
Flight distance : 1588 ft
United States

I bought one with the fly more package. It will be my first drone and for me I like the 4k and compact size.
2018-1-23
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

Mavic Pro owner here... I just ordered two Mavic Airs (Red and Black).  The faster bit rate and wider view angle attracted me.  Even though its not cinema 4k, I'm happy with 'basic 4k'.  Portability has been key for me lately.  I travel with the Mavic all the time and my Inspire Pro stays home.  Having better video compression performance is my intent for buying the Mavic Air.
2018-1-23
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nope, for spark I have 8 batteries. I have Mavic Pro as well. I dont need anything between. Now I buying racing quadcopters . Racing fpv baby¡
2018-1-23
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-23 12:23
I will pass on the MPA, waiting for the Specs and Reviews on this Autel EVO before I purchase another drone, I like the rugged look of the gimbal, so far it looks like it has all features of the MP plus some, especially like the customer service, I have a friend that has the X Star Premium and their CS is great according to him.

I was waiting to see if might be time to look at the Autel. The only one that seemed impressive at CES, to me.
The presentation was like the super dramatic music people use on very non-dramatic videos. Kinda made it laughable since he couldn't back up the drama.
2018-1-23
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Not until they ditch WiFi and go to light bridge
2018-1-23
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

This air is a downer. I was done with Wi-Fi since the phantom 3 came out. To go back to it now is senseless.
2018-1-23
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

I got one being a current Spark owner myself looking to upgrade. I can understand why a Mavic owner might be hesitant to get one. Over all, I honestly see the Air as being more appealing than the current Mavic Pro, but maybe just not appealing enough for Mavic owners who are holding out in hopes for a Mavic 2 or another larger sized drone DJI could potentially release in the not so distant future.

I think the bigger question is going forward, who is going to recommend the Mavic Pro over the Air to someone who has a Spark or maybe is looking for their first Drone. For the cheaper price with the Air you are basically getting a Mavic mini with some nice added features like additional sensors, the Advanced Piloting Assistance, enhance active track and quick shots, and 120 FPS HD slow-mo. Only BIG selling points the Pro has over the Air in my opinion would be the range and battery life, but for the price I think you are going a lot a new cool technology with the Air with greater portability.

I'm pretty new to how DJI is handling new releases but found it interesting how quickly they are offering shipping on this thing after it has been released not to mention the Free Trial Program they are offering for it. Seems like they are really trying to push this thing hard and get it in the hands of as many people as possible.
2018-1-23
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I took the plunge!  The size and minor upgrades with 4k definitely caught my eye, hopefully DJI has learned their lesson from the botched Mavic pro shipping when it was first released and have actually built a stockpile to atleast cover some of the demand for the mavic air.
2018-1-23
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

Nope,  I want a slightly bigger mavic platform with the same  camera setup as the 4pro without the same old plain looks of the phantom or inspire line. Until that happens DJI you can keep this beginner junk.  
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MediaElite Posted at 2018-1-23 14:36
Mavic Pro owner here... I just ordered two Mavic Airs (Red and Black).  The faster bit rate and wider view angle attracted me.  Even though its not cinema 4k, I'm happy with 'basic 4k'.  Portability has been key for me lately.  I travel with the Mavic all the time and my Inspire Pro stays home.  Having better video compression performance is my intent for buying the Mavic Air.

Surely it is easier to transport 1 Mavic pro than 2 Spark Air's!
2018-1-24
Use props
Claudia Fischer
lvl.3
Germany

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-24 00:48

Haha totally agree..
2018-1-26
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-24 00:48

Indeed.  One is for the lady.
2018-1-27
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

NaDa - Will wait for Mavic Pro upgrade, whatever it will be called - The Platinum does't count for me.
2018-2-6
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

I will probably buy it as my first drone when it will be avaible at local shops so end of this month its 300€ cheaper than Pro and 400€ cheaper than Plantium
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules