1469 10 2018-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50883 ft
United States

Wa wa waa...

Too much hype for too little bang. Cute unit but hardly what I think most are waiting for. Waterproof Phantom 5 & Mavic 2.
2018-1-23
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

A complete let down for me.
2018-1-23
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, Ill keep my Mavic Pro
2018-1-23
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just new Spark. No thanks.
2018-1-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I second and third that. I’ll keep my Mavic Pro
2018-1-23
Use props
PetLabarak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

totally agree Spark air not for me
2018-1-23
Use props
MikeditoDrone
New

Dominican Republic

Does someone knows how far the Mavic Air can go???, Im keeping my Platinum tho....... not sure yet of it AIR is an upgrade or a downgrade
2018-1-23
Use props
fans59d4c2ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214436 ft
Switzerland

MikeditoDrone Posted at 2018-1-23 09:33
Does someone knows how far the Mavic Air can go???, Im keeping my Platinum tho....... not sure yet of it AIR is an upgrade or a downgrade

They say in their shop : up to 4 kilometers

https://m.dji.com/product/mavic-air?from=store_index_banner

I like the camera upgrade from the spark an the mavic but owning a mavic pro...

I just want the removable controllers sticks on the mavic pro remote, the same camera upgrade but I prefer to stick to a mavic pro for these reasons :

- flight time, advertised 27 mins meaning RTH beeping crazy after 20 mins and auto landing at 22 mins. So 21 mins flight time means 15 mins real fly. Why this is important to me? Because I started to act a movie director, finding the right angle, right speed, testing again and again after finally taking the real shot! If once you have set up the way points and so, the drone start to beep, you lost everything... So no... Flight time is critical.

- size & weight : I find the mavic pro ligth and portable (I'm curious to hold an air, maybe my mind will be blown up) but I feel like ligther = more shaky if there is wind so less opportunities to fly in windy areas. In case of crash... Mavic seems more robust, maybe that's wrong assumption as heavier means also harder crash and bigger damages... Would be interested in crash tests comparison.

- remote control distance... Here in Switzerland, you should always keep an eye contact... So 4 km or 7kms... But slightly bigger drone mean I can see it from further distance... Also I tested once around a forrest and I thing a stronger signal  means also more stabililty connection in a noisy environment (radio frequencies)... Again would be nice to test, but I would be sad if going around some trees can break the signal with the air while the mavic pro everything is good...

2018-1-23
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

What have I missed,
Was at work unable to watch....

Where can I view said "Droney"
2018-1-23
Use props
fans59d4c2ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214436 ft
Switzerland

Also forgot to say...

Mavic pro I bought the feets extenders (5$)  because most of time there is grass or dust... The Mavis air is so compact... I don't see it taking off from grass... Maybe it so safe you can do both using  one hand... But honesty I'm brave but  these proppeler are dawn fast and my fingers are my working tools so forget that I take a risk here...
2018-1-23
Use props
Tony S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50883 ft
United States

I'm a huge DJI fan but they hyped this release too much. Teaser campaigns are very effective but when you present a mediocre product at the end you kill the excitement for future releases. As for this one, tiny and wifi which limits range too much isn't for me. I can't wait for what I'm hearing the possibilities are for the Mavic 2 and Phantom 5. If the chatter is true...water resistance, omg, what a game changer to be able to fly in rain, snow, clouds or around water with peace of mind. Plus, redundancies for compass and imu for even more of that peace of mind. If it's true, I can't wait.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules